Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Lincs

tango

Good to know there are a few in Lincolnshire - there are often dark skies here but hasn't been clear for a few days now - was hoping to get out tonight but it's looking unlikely :D

As todd8137 said it's like an addiction - have been thinking all day about webcams, constellations, cool-down times, weather and lenses! Haven't really worked...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi tbird - yes just checked! Fingers crossed. Hope so as I'm really still in the very early stages and can't wait to test the scope properly.

Just wondering what to go in search of first! :D

Thanks for all the warm welcomes once again. While my fingers are crossed for clear skies tonight it's looking unlikely - have spent all day reading up on lenses / eyepieces and barlows!

Provided the scope was a 10mm and 25mm - have read a 15 would be useful? Also thinking about reliable brands for lenses - decisions, decisions!

Finally my copy of 'Turn left at Orion' has arrived! An excellent book - can't wait to really start using it. No clear skies for a while and it's difficult for me to get out early in the week. Fingers crossed for clear skies this weekend!

Hi Isabelle! Yes that's the one - wanted a small portable one and had read a lot about the Heritage - got it for a good price and love it! Have only used it twice in the last 2 weeks though :) So I've used the time reading about lenses and adapters instead.

Fingers crossed for clear skies this weekend...

Another cloudy Friday and Saturday night :) Instead have been using the time to read up on my new copy of 'Turn left at Orion.' What a book! Makes everything so simple, just need the chance o get out there now and experiment.

Am still getting to grips with Stellarium - a great bit of kit.

Just waiting now to test out a set of lenses I've bought - apparently the Revelation photo-visual eyepiece is ideal for a starter like me - just need clear skies now!

Archived