Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

another clear night M101

peter shah

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent image once again, well done :D

A mass of detail in the structure of the galaxy and also really deep, everywhere you looks there are dozens and dozens of obscure fuzzies hiding in the background.

P.S. Have you noticed the periodic flaring satellite in the top right-hand corner of the image?

P.P.S. I have just set this image as my desktop background.

many thanks everyone...as i wasnt expecting much from M101 i haven had much luck with it in the past....im very pleased with the result

Have you noticed the periodic flaring satellite in the top right-hand corner of the image?

not noticed that :D

Stunning Peter.:(

The fine dust lane detail right to the core is wonderful, and you have got great Ha responce without dedicated Ha data.:p

Mike.

That did surprise me Mike the way the HII regions just popped out in this shot without any H-alpha frames :D

thanks guys :p

Really nice image Pete! What's next for the 12" beast :D

duno was thinking about M94 trying to capture that faint outer ring.....i still remeber Rob's silly exposure version...i would love to get something close to that bad boy, but it would need a lot of work to get close!

thanks guys :D

duno was thinking about M94 trying to capture that faint outer ring.....i still remeber Rob's silly exposure version...i would love to get something close to that bad boy, but it would need a lot of work to get close!

I don't know about that Peter....remember that I needed to spend ages on it bacause I have a 6 inch scope.....yours is more than 16 times as fast, being below F4 and a 12 inch, so you should be able to do a great job on it :p

I agree that ring around m94 would be easier at that size and speed with the AG12 and no need for Ha with M94 and the area is littered with background galaxies.

John.

Archived