Hi from Devon

thabo

A belated hello from Torbay. I have been lurking for 2 years and took the plunge over Xmas. Got a lot of useful information from the the lounge and decided to get myself a Celestron 127 SLT from FLO.

Had a few great night over that time where I saw Jupiter very clearly. Then we had a long cloudy time up until recently when I saw Saturn a week ago. I think Im hooked !

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Thabo, welcome to the Lounge.

We spent a very nice time in Seaton with a friend of SWMBO, in summer last year. So I dropped off the good lady in Lyme Regis for a bit of therapeutic shopping and popped over to FLO for some R & R myself. Came away with a nice 90 degree finder would you believe, absolute bargain!

It is gorgeous down there though, I got to see an osprey on the Axe estuary, that was awesome.

Enjoy your new scope. :o

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys!

Yes I did have some wonderfully clear but very COLD nights here. Do prefer them over the cloudy mild nights though! It seems the best viewing is going to be in the cold but I usually prepare with a hot chocolate and warmwater bottle. Clear nights everyone!

Hi thabo,

another devonian here - I work in Torbay, but live on t'other side of the Dart. I read somewhere that Torbay council were going to turn off 3/4's of the street lights - that'll help the little light pollution I get in my lower north-west sky but will be great for you.

Welcome to lthe lounge.

Hi thabo,

another devonian here - I work in Torbay, but live on t'other side of the Dart. I read somewhere that Torbay council were going to turn off 3/4's of the street lights - that'll help the little light pollution I get in my lower north-west sky but will be great for you.

Welcome to lthe lounge.

Wha'....... I didn't hear about that... .fantastic.... Let's plunge blu-rinse land into darkness hehe. :o

Was there a time scale?

Oh... and welcome Thabo... Paignton here :(

Archived