NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

bedazzled newbie

northernnutter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also a newbie. In a burst of enthusiasm after 3 clear nights following months of cloud, I've just ordered a Startravel 80 refractor.

Still, at the moment I'm mainly aiming to find my way around the sky - or at least, as much of it as I can see in my built-up, light-polluted location.

Hope we both get clear skies,

Mary

So many welcomes! Thankyou all.

Sounds exciting Mary! And very brave!! At the mo I wouldn't have a clue about telescopes! It's my 40th in september, so I'm hoping to have gained enough info from the lovely people here to indulge myself then...although just looking with binoculars at what's out there makes me think that my birthday may be coming early this year!

Hello and welcome!

You've joined a great forum with people ranging from the expert imagers to people like myself who are finding their way around with Bino's too!

Best of all people from both ends of that spectrum are more than happy to share advice and encouragement :(

Ian.

A big thankyou to all, for such a warm welcome!

I've already had some great advice, and with all the information on here, I'm in for a lot of reading and on a huge learning curve...from learning about equipment/ finding my way around the skies, to just enjoying viewing the wonderful photography posted by the members here! ( Stunning!!)

Wishing you all clears skies!!

Archived