NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Think I'll take up knitting

MartinB

4 hours of clear skies so far this year. Clear all afternoon. Fantastic sky when I got home. 90 mins setting up and getting a stonking polar alignment. Well you can guess the rest :p

Never mind, it will give me great pleasure knowing that the rest of you are having a wonderful night of observing and imaging :pukeright: :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours of clear skies so far this year. Clear all afternoon. Fantastic sky when I got home. 90 mins setting up and getting a stonking polar alignment. Well you can guess the rest :p

Never mind, it will give me great pleasuer knowing that the rest of you are having a wonderful night of observing and imaging :pukeright: :D

My advice would be knit one pearl one......... :p

Ahh Martin, that really does suck.

If it's any better, I was freezing last night lol. 2 jumpers on, a fleece and a cap and I was still froze! (-7 here last night according to my weather station)

When I moved to come indoors about 12 last night, I started walking up the stairs and my calves cramped up...OWWWW!

I think I'm going to get me a beanie hat, this baseball cap ended up me just getting peed off and throwing it across the lawn, but then my hair got in the way hehe!

Really good night last night though, was well worth it. On a little note, I think I have solved my collimation issues, now the stars are pin sharp over the entire FoV and I could see the Cassini Devision no problem. I think it's finally sorted. I also carried the scope in and out on my own!

Kain

Martin

I go away on holiday tomorrow to seek the sun abroad.

From past experience I can almost guarantee good weather for you in the UK whilst I'm away. When I get back it'll be carp as usual.

So make the most of it before I return in mid Feb !

8)

MD

Had a great nights seeing up here near Chester, there were a few moments when I thought the clouds were about to start rolling in but they never did. I packed in about 2am due to the cold but stuck my head out of the door about 4am just before bed and the conditions had actually improved even more. I guess I should have tried to stick it out for the extra 2 hours..........

Martin

I go away on holiday tomorrow to seek the sun abroad.

From past experience I can almost guarantee good weather for you in the UK whilst I'm away. When I get back it'll be carp as usual.

So make the most of it before I return in mid Feb !

8)

MD

We'll all chip in so you can buy yourself a villa whereever you go. No more clouds for us! :p

:D

Andrew

Had the same luck Martin, set up this afternoon, went out and aligned the scope as soon as it got dark, came in for some food, when I went back out total cloud cover, its getting very frustraring, wife said "why dont you build one of those slide off things", YES I thought,now I can build one and she will think it was her idea.

M2

I'll teach you to knit if you like , I'll have loads of spare time when I throw my scope down the end of the garden in temper, If it does'nt decide to play and focus in soon I may have to find another frustrating hobby ha ha!!!

Trudie

Martin, it'd be a shame not to now that she's had the brainwave. :D

I suspect that knitting with one needle would be the equivalent, as far as frustration goes, to astronomy.

Captain Chaos

NO, no! That's the transcendental art of Zen knitting. People who do it tend to get crochety.

Archived