Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 8th March C9.25

Alan

A clear sky at last ! best effort from last night in poor-average hazy seeing resulting in slow shutter of 1/8s and reduced resolution.

C.9.25, F25, 250 frames from 850 processed in R5 and Astra Image.

Thanks for looking...

Alan

post-14899-133877542222_thumb.jpg

Nice image, it sounds like your corrector was dewed over, a cool blow dryer works for that, though your neibours might object, thats way to slow to get a sharp image, when its less dewy try to aim for 30 fps, at 1/30secs exposure, it really makes a big difference getting 11 thousand frames in 6 mins, to the final stack quality/ even a dimish image will likely look better, at that frame rate and speed, and the image can be brightened post processing. i was out on the 8th moisure was bad trans not so, your location might have been worse, but correcters dew up fast and will kill your exposure

Thanks to you all for your comments. Cloudy here tonight so no chance for another attempt yet.

I take your comments about the slow shutter speed Neil and I usually aim for around 30 frames at 1/20s - 1/30s (worked well for Jupiter), but the image at F25 was simply too dim due to the dense moist atmosphere found locally at Saturn's elevation. I had the dew pretty much under control but it may have been partly to blame.

Still some time left to get better results, weather permitting !

Regards,

Alan

Thanks to you all for your comments. Cloudy here tonight so no chance for another attempt yet.

I take your comments about the slow shutter speed Neil and I usually aim for around 30 frames at 1/20s - 1/30s (worked well for Jupiter), but the image at F25 was simply too dim due to the dense moist atmosphere found locally at Saturn's elevation. I had the dew pretty much under control but it may have been partly to blame.

Still some time left to get better results, weather permitting !

Regards,

Alan

Yeah its true, ive seen local conditions vary quite a lot as far as mist is concerned, but thought i would mention the corrector as there was tons of moisure wasnt there, it was freezing solid on my tube. But sounds like you had a eye on that problem, so agreed your local mist was likely heavier, it doesnt take a lot either with saturns brightness does it

Archived