Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Intergrated Flux....Mmmm!

peter shah

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result Peter. I've never seen an image showing the flux which has retained such colour contrast. Superb processing.

I have a collection of data from Olly's place which has plenty of flux but it's captured with a QSI 532 and the microlensing artefacts are a real pain when you have to stretch the image hard. Waiting for more some colour data from Olly

thanks again everyone....:(

Any chance of a detailed run down of how you processed this? :)

Wondering how you keep the background nice while bringing out the very faint stuff..

I cant give a very detail run down...it would fill a whole book, plus i cant remember exactly what i did on this image, i just get caught up in the flow if things:p...but the key to this shot is the signal to noise ratio that this setup gives. First thing is to say there are no darks in this shot ive just calibrated using flats and bias frames only then done a hot pixel removal then stacked the frames using an average combined into there own channels LRGB and Ha. Everything is then moved over to Photoshop and put through a series of curves and levels, I use Ron Wodaski's standard curve at different strengths to create the various detailed layers. This is done with each channel then put together into an LRGB image which is then sharpend in selected areas with deconvolution and given a noise reduction in low signal areas. Saturation is tweaked throughout the process.

thats about it....tis is the general work flow i use in all my images

hope this explains a bit

while im posting to save bumping up again here is a crop of Holmberg X-1....i quite like the amount of detail in it:)

cheers peter

post-17181-133877543888_thumb.jpg

Just beautiful Peter. That flux is the devils own job to process, but this is excellent.

I spent over 30 hours with an F4 8" newt trying to get something on this a couple of years back, but ended up tearing my hair out with the processing. With your image as a reference I may go back to the data and have another look :o

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Archived