SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Intergrated Flux....Mmmm!

peter shah

It was clear last night so i bagged another 2hours in luminance and added it to the RGB from the other night....not having goto at the moment is a pain

the Flux Fluff is starting to show up nicely....its a nasty one to process....cant remember how many layers

thanks for looking

peter

click link for the full res version http://twitpic.com/4731k7/full

post-17181-133877541731_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you were sad to see the AG8 go, but my word, what a great scope you replaced it with!
I do feel a whole lot better about it now i have the fisrt image on the way :p
I knew the IFN would shine at this f ratio, the L will also pick up the ha in M82 quite well. I can see this thickening up with a lot more time.

John.

Thanks John...ill just keep adding to it ....its very faint :)

Great result Peter. I am bashing away at this in the TEC, rather more slowly! I am much relieved to see that dusty ring shape which I feared was an over zealous flat on mine!! I will leave it alone now...

As you say, the flux is deadly to try to sort out from the background and I can't get near yours at f7

You must be mighty pleased.

Olly

AG12 looking great peter. We need to get ours out under some clear skies again. Need to check collimation first though

paul

Collimation is the only bad thing about the AG...but once its there it doesnt shift!
I am much relieved to see that dusty ring shape which I feared was an over zealous flat on mine!! I will leave it alone now...

Olly

I thought the very same thing at first!

Holy #¤%"!!

This is probably the best stuff I've seen of these targets, such a wide field of view & still tons of detail in the galaxies, I didn't think this was possible... Thanks for posting it!

I got another 4hours of luminance last night......but i now need more RGB there just isnt enough for me to stop this shot from looking washed out...so here is where i am at the moment

Ive had to tone down the flux on the colour version to pull back some colour

managed to get an hour and a half of Ha....but i havent done anything with that yet...need some more of that too

cheers peter

post-17181-133877542127_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877542136_thumb.jpg

Awesome Peter!

One of the best I've seen of these two - including the American guys attempts....

What's the small galaxy in the lower right then...?

The new scope is obviously working a treat - what's happened to the GoTo on the G11 then..???

Regards,

Damian

cheers olly....this is about as far as i want to push it without the nois going beyond acceptable levels

Splendid. I just thought of trying a luminance run in Bin2 for the Flux. I would remove anything bright like stars and galaxies from this layer before applying it. Do you think it would work?

Olly

Damian..the gemini packed up before Christmas...so its away being repaired...still no sign of it :-(

Splendid. I just thought of trying a luminance run in Bin2 for the Flux. I would remove anything bright like stars and galaxies from this layer before applying it. Do you think it would work?

Olly

tricky, but Yes i think it would work......the problem im finding is as im pushing the curves further into the dirt, the stars are not as tight, ive tried layering them on top but its giving the image an unnatural look......so im going to grab more RGB and start from scratch....looks klike it might be another nice night tonight...shame im working late :)

This is a beautiful image, Peter and the IF most certainly showing through - love it! You must be very pleased with the AG12 although I was amused to note that Orion quote their price for this beauty excluding VAT! A top class instrument in top class hands.

Archived