Greetings from Coventry!

Dalune14

Hello everyone, I purchased A Skywatcher 130pm with an EQ-2 mount for Christmas and have been impressed with the views I've seen from my very light polluted back garden.

It took me a while to get to grips with it on the first night but after an hour I was rewarded with a great view of Jupiter and it's four moons. The second night I struggled to get anything in focus for 10 mins until I realised the lens cap was still on :rolleyes:.

Another workmate purchased exactly the same telescope in the January sales, so we basically have a two man astronomy club. We eagerly discuss the previous nights viewing and what eyepieces we might buy in the future.

I have already gained some valuable info on eyepieces from this website and hopefully will use it on a regular basis.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome. I too am from Cov. Up in Eastern Green. I have just joined the forum too the other day. You have the exact scope that I am interested in buying. I have a thread running in beginners section http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/131629-question-first-scope-purchase.html

I am now starting to think that saving a little more and get the 150p

Where in the city are you? light pollution concerns me too but you can get a light pollution filter that would help. They are £20 on FLO

Here is a thread showing pictures with and without a filter. http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/71126-skywatcher-lpr-filter-vs-baader-neodymium-filter.html

Can I ask where you got your scope from? internet or shop. There seems to be no where in the city that does them. Glad you like your 130pm gives me more assurance that I would not be disappointed with the purchase of that scope.

Hello and welcome. I too am from Cov. Up in Eastern Green. I have just joined the forum too the other day. You have the exact scope that I am interested in buying. I have a thread running in beginners section http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/131629-question-first-scope-purchase.html

I am now starting to think that saving a little more and get the 150p

Where in the city are you? light pollution concerns me too but you can get a light pollution filter that would help. They are £20 on FLO

Here is a thread showing pictures with and without a filter. http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/71126-skywatcher-lpr-filter-vs-baader-neodymium-filter.html

Can I ask where you got your scope from? internet or shop. There seems to be no where in the city that does them. Glad you like your 130pm gives me more assurance that I would not be disappointed with the purchase of that scope.

I am in Lower Stoke and I might be tempted to get the filter you have mentioned. The way I look at it is that I am fairly happy with the viewing I've had so far (with nothing to compare it to) and if I do manage to view from a dark sky area I am hoping the images will blow my mind.

I purchased it on impulse from scopesnskies and then after I ordered it found some bad reviews on this company. After a couple of days of I contacted them and was informed it was out of stock even though they had taken my money. I thought here we go and then out of the blue the telescope turned up the next day. So even though they were incompetent in giving me the wrong info the scope was delivered in a resonable time and packaged well. I will leave you to make your own mind up as to purchase form them.

Welcome to SGL Dalune from another Coventrian, though I'm up in N Warwicks now, about 10 miles N of the city. I've also got a '130' and had my first light tonight after whats seemed like weeks of cloudy skies. Had a brilliant night

Archived