Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar Super high-Res

johnh

SPX350 F34.2 (11,983mm) with 5xPowermate, Flea3, Astrodon Red filter.

Had some excellent seeing between scudding low cloud and an awful breeze bouncing the image in and out. Seeing was the best I have seen and would have taken some of my greatest images but the breeze stopped me as I had to get on to Saturn where the breeze subsided.

It took 90mins just to get these as I had to throw away so much damaged by breeze that would yank the image badly for quite a few seconds blowing my hair as it was strong at times. When still the detail I could see was breathtaking shown in the Posidonius image but cloud would disrupt seeing and would take a min or two to settle down.

Took 3000frames at 60fps gain about 20% and stacked 600-750frames with AviStack2 with mosaic assembly ICE and post processing in CS3. Some noise issues near joins.

Thanks, John.

post-15219-133877536422_thumb.png

post-15219-133877536443_thumb.png

post-15219-133877536458_thumb.png

post-15219-133877536474_thumb.png

post-15219-13387753649_thumb.png

Thanks guys, seeing like that does not occur often. Wanted to do North Pole and terminator mosaics which would have been sensational but too windy and Saturn was too attractive. Hope good seeing continues into Australian Autumn, you guys seem to be suffering as I take a look at Sat24 occassionally and UK is somewhere under a mat of cloud that seems to go on and on. Here we get 5 days in a row of clear nights but breeze can be an issue which is nice on hot nights but not good for Hi-Res Imaging.

Thanks, John.

Superb results, and with wind too, clearly you will in time do better when the seeing is as good but no wind, time to practise those mosaic builds for such a night, get on it early finish late, at 60 fps, im sure you could go to 8000 mm under that scenario, as a tip, if you load imerge as you do the avis drop the avis onto imerge quickly carry on, then you build a rough version on the fly with no missing pieces. im going to be trying higher power after the prime focus practise one i did recently havent decided what power yet, will depend on seeing, and if i can get the early start late finish situation over the houses, but with a relatively calm image. we shall see but it never plays ball john, dont know why, just extreme bad luck i guess. your imaging is just flying now, lets see that huge mosaic at some point, im sure after the hard work you will be pleased you did

Archived