NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone to Rosette rebuild.

ollypenrice

This is a complete rebuild.

Still messing about with mosaic techniques. Here I did both images first in PixInsight to get the background and colour calibration (after co registering in Registar). Then I stretched them open side by side in Ps and combined them manually, adjusting levels and curves by eye and by sampling. There was less star colour in the Rosette image because of lower transparency on the night. It wasn't bad so I boosted the star colour on that side only. I think this is how I will do it till something better occurs to me. Overlays from the FSQ (Cone and Rosette regions) I also ran through PI to calibrate and then blended in at about 70 percent opacity with big feathers.

Ha in the mono and colour in the OSC, Canon 200L lens. Total exposure ten hours, excuding the telescopic overlays.

Olly

1188334455_yG63d-X2.jpg

Hi Olly, the 200L is certainly working out really well!

I remember a comment you put on one of my images a long time ago with a 70-200L, "I love these hyperwidefields".

So do I! Keep them coming, they're great.

Jordan

Hi

great work again , very colouful :)

have you tried PI for mosaics it automaticaly adapts each frame to match ( no eye needed )

Harry

Thanks Harry. Not yet is the answer but it is on my To Do list. I couldn't get the video to download if I remember, but usually that is just local connection speed varying (from Donkey via snail to sedimentary layer...)

Olly

Thanks Harry. Not yet is the answer but it is on my To Do list. I couldn't get the video to download if I remember, but usually that is just local connection speed varying (from Donkey via snail to sedimentary layer...)

Olly

Oh dear I need to do one in my user guide then :)

Harry

Archived