SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

And for tonight's viewing pleasure ......

niknak

Just popped out with the dog and a pair of binos and the wind has blown away all the cloud here in Lincs.

A cracking view of the moon.

Shall wait for another hour or so for proper dark :)

Anyone else out tonight ??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK this will show how much of a newbie I am, with such a lack of knowledge and embarressed to ask but I looked out earlier and below the moon was a single star shining brightly - what star is that?

Well I went back out and have had a good nose round but only with some basic bins but I enjoyed every minute of it :) I feel like a little kid again it is great :) Took a chart out with me and found different things - oh must add I am a total beginner so I really am bouncing around like a little kid.

Arrggh - I had been looking forward to a clear sky all day (as promised by BBC weather), I got home, set up and actually got the Goto aligned properly, had a good view of M42 and the Pleiades, went in to get my copy of Turn Left, by the time I got back down stairs it had started rainning so my poor scope got all wet. It's now sitting dehumidifying itself, and I'm very cross!! (and now looking at BBC weather, they are saying sleet/rain).

Grumpy Ted

Bino veiwing from attic dormer working well-Orion magnificent.

Will be better when get red light so don't bump into things up there.Don't care if neighbours get wrong idea!

Certainly see more than the measely 7 I counted last week for CPRE with naked eyes(plus Specsavers lenses).

Good here in Aynho too, although I have come in while a cloud bank goes over, get a cup of tea. I had some neighbours round to have a look through the eyepiece, first timers, they enjoyed themselves.

Going back out in a mo.

Good view of moon. Orion thro' the bins was very nice. I got my 2 daughters to take a look at the nebula thro the bins & `WOW look at all the stars !!' they said. Off we went inside to look at Stellarium for a more detailed/warmer look at the neb. 3/4 hr later it started raining! A little viewing better than none I guess.

Clear-ish skies here in west Somerset, and I was out for a couple of hours, but the seeing really wasn't that great. Still, I had my first view of the Andromeda galaxy through the scope and another look at M93. Failed to find M77 and M79 which were my intended targets for the next clear night, but I think they're just getting too low on the horizon now. Spent a bit of time on the moon, too.

My mood wasn't helped by someone up to something in the adjoining field shining a torch right in my face, nor a farmer out rabbitting about half a mile away with a light so powerful it lit up the side of my house.

Hey ho. That looks like it for this week.

James

Archived