Another hello from the Black Country

Lobot

For some time now my husband and I have toyed with the idea of buying a telescope. The recent BBC series gave us the final shove and we bought a Celestron 130EQ.

Unfortunately, since then there have been nothing but cloudy skies apart from the odd few minutes here and there.

While researching which telescope to buy we came across this forum and knew it would be one of the best places for advice and inspiration.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of both!

Regards

Heather and Richard ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Heather and Richard

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately cloud seems to be the bane of all of us at the moment. I blame all those new scopes that have been bought since the stargazing live programs. ;)

I'm sure the skies will get back to normal soon (I hope)

Dave...

Hi Heather and Richard and welcome to the forum.

We can help with inspiration and advice but alas the weather remains a facet of astronomy that is beyond our control - sadly.

Glad you could join us and don't forget the search button at the top of the page for past questions and their responses.

Clear skies soon!

James

Hi Heather and Richard,

Welcome to the lounge.

You've definitely come to the right place for loads of friendly helpful advice.

Yes the weather hasn't been the best lately but here south of Lincoln it's looking like to-night might be OK, I've just set my scope up outside ready. Fingers crossed.

All the best,

Alan.

Hi Heather and Richard.

We seem to have created a mini upsurge in Black Country astronomers today...lol

Wait until you see your first "live" planet that you find for yourselves :-) It's great.

Hello everyone, another person from the black country. The skies where perfect last night, cold but clear I caught my first glimpse of Saturn.

Anyhow need to pick someones brains on here please. I have just brought 130p but wasnt happy with setup of the mount (though very clear images of saturn, just too far away) so returning it tomorrow. I want to go down the AP route so guess i want the best of all worlds. My choice is of these two scopes now,

Skywatch Explorer 200p EQ5 (motor will be added no money for GOTO)

or

MAK CASS 5" goto.

Really struggling with this peeps, because of the f/l of the MAK it seems to be much better viewing of planets than the 200p even though it is an 8" parabolic newt. Very confused.

Thanks people.

Archived