NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Things I have lost in the dark

1. A slow motion control knob

2. The safety nut on the end of my counterweight shaft

3. An eyepiece lens cap

4. The plastic cover to one of the controls on my RA drive

5. A washer from my accessory tray

6. Various bits of foam used as dew shields

7. A 2003 Honda Civic in immaculate condition.

Okay, I lied about the last one.

If you see any of the others, will you let me know?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my shoe once, whilst observing in a field, there was a large muddy section that i didnt notice in the dark and whilst negotiating myself round the scope i heard a loud "suction" noise followed by a resulting "bootie"

Lost my flashlight. It turned off when it hit the ground and I couldn't find it afterwards. Somewhat ironic.

that happened to me once but in work back lights of the works vans stopped worked was using my torch put it in one of the H/S empty trays and didnt see it again and i no i never put a tray on top of it :s lol

My dog. She jumped over the wall to the neighbor and forgot how to get back.

Same here. I think my dog has the hots for the dog in the house behind me. The other dog is having none of it though. He runs for his life when my Chara jumps the wall. Yet another reason to cut the trees down in my garden. The dog can climb them like a monkey. I once spotted some movement about half way up one of the trees (60ft tall trees). It was my dog........a Yorkie.

I lost all my camera equipment in the middle of Keilder forest at 3 in the morning when I used to follow the RAC rally. I left the case behind the car and drove off along with about 30,000 other spectators.

3 weeks later I got a call from a guy living about 10 miles from home saying he had found it but it was too late the insurance had paid up and new camera kit purchased :)

Archived