hi to all at sgl from milton keynes

starship trooper

hi just thought i'd say hello and what a great forum you have here,i stumbled across this forum last week and havent been able to stop reading all the interesting topics and info you have on here.

What sparked my brain into looking around forums for astronomy was the stargazing live program over xmas which i did enjoy and wish they do more programs like it ,this program relighted my fire for the night sky because about 5 years ago i started to look at the night sky and had a meade ext70at which i only used to veiw the moon because i couldnt work out how to set it up and because of the light pollution in the mk didnt really find much else and so i got cheesed off with it and sold it and now here i am again getting drawn in but this time i want to do it the right way.

So please forgive me with all the question i may have for you guys and now to decide whether to get a telescope or and pair of bins off i goto the beginners section bye for now dazz:headbang:

Hi Dazz, welcome to the forum.

I would suggest getting some Bino's first, so you have some thing to observe with, and will give you time to make up your mind what scope you want. They will also be part of your kit when you get a scope, as they offer a view that the scope won't.

Have a look at what scope's are available, and how they would suit what type of observing you want to do, as different scopes have differing abilities. Don't be tempted by some of the scopes on a certain auction site, they may disappoint you.

Archived