Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hi

kid rok

hi im carl from stoke on trent just getting in to this and started looking at telescopes i was looking at the celestron nexstar 6se and was wondering how this scope is to use and set up as this is my first telescope which i plan on keeping for a few years so want something thats easy use and set up but i can use for imaging at some point

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carl,

Welcome to SGL. The Nexstar 6se is a very capable scope which should give you years of good service. I'm sure you'll find a number of people here that will give you sound advice based on their experience. Enjoy the forums. :)

Hi Carl and welcome to SGL :)

For imaging dso's you really are best advised to use an equatorial mount rather than alt/az mount, and probably a wide field fast f-ratio appo (f6 and below). The sct's are great for imaging planets at f10 and long focal length. I've allways had doubts about single arm forks though. :D

Archived