Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Kit

Nexus 6

I have been meaning to post a few pics for a while now, as I have just bought the Helios Binoculars I thought I'd post a few.

Celestron CPC 925, Moonlite Focuser, William Optics 2" Dilectric Diagonal.

Helios 20x90 Binoculars

Manfrotto 475B Tripod

HDV501 Head

A few boxes of this and that.

Other kit

Astrozap Heated Dew Shield, Astrozap 4 channel controller, Neutral Density Moon Filter, Set of 4 colour Filters

EP's, Televue Nagler 9mm Type 6, Nagler 13mm Type 6, Radian 18mm. Couple more on the way, I HOPE!

The scope is 18 months old and has not had the optics cleaned yet and I'm in no hurry to do it, they appear in very good order.

Shots taken with Canon 1000D.

Thats it! :)

great set-up. a long reflector and two short refractors bolted together - nice!!

I think buying top notch eyepieces is a great idea even with a long FL/slow scope. Can you see a big difference between these and lesser EPs in the 925? Even if you cannot they will serve you well with other faster scopes :)

Shane,

without a doubt there is a much better view with Televue than with the standard ep's I have used with it even if it is not necessary with an F10. I do need to get hold of a couple more , like we always do! I will take care of that soon. I will not be selling my TV's no matter what scope I have. They are class glass :)

Excellent set up.

I am thinking about adding a Crayford focuser to my LX200, do you experience any trouble with the focuser when the scope is pointed at the zenith? I am a little worried that it will impact the mount.

Excellent set up.

I am thinking about adding a Crayford focuser to my LX200, do you experience any trouble with the focuser when the scope is pointed at the zenith? I am a little worried that it will impact the mount.

Hi Paul. I have no trouble hitting the Zenith with the Moonlite on board or any other kit.

Hope you get one for your LX200. :)

Hi Alan,

Nice kit!

I just bought a pair of 20x90 binos and my current tripod setup is insufficient, are you happy with the 475/501 combo?

Adrian

Hi Adrian, yes the tripod/head gear for the bins is pretty decent kit, the tripod will take a load of 12kg so with the bins being only 3.6kg and the head 1.6kg I'm ok on the weight front. :)

• 1 month later...
Very nice set up you have there Nexus. What do you think to the Bino's? they certainly make your SCT look smaller that it is.

Hi mate, small sct! aaahh I need a bigger aperture :)

the bins are brilliant, they show a breathtaking view on the sky were ever I look, so much fov, as an example M42 the Great Orion Nebula was a sight to behold, so many stars within the field but the nebulosity was stricking in appearance too, I was showing a friend, an non astronomer, the same views, not sure he was that impressed, I think he was hoping to see a colour picture ;)

They do show a fair amount of CA when observing as you would expect until they settle down temp wise but for quick tests on them, so far so good :p

the kit pics need updating, I now have a 7mm BGO to add plus I bought back my 40mm Vixen LV :(

cheers

They do show a fair amount of CA when observing as you would expect until they settle down temp wise but for quick tests on them, so far so good :p

the kit pics need updating, I now have a 7mm BGO to add plus I bought back my 40mm Vixen LV :(

cheers

I'd noticed my 15x70's give a fair bit of CA when warm so I keep them in a cool a loft area now until I go out observing.

7mm BGO nice! I was just thinking I wouldn't mind one of those :)

Archived