Hello All

Midge

Hi All

My name is Midge and I live in Lincoln. I always wanted to learn more about the universe we live in and I now have a job which gives me a little more free time than Ive previously had, so time to take the plunge. The bonus is that my wife is interested too. We would both like to get into astrophotography eventually. This forum looks like somewhere where I can gain a lot of knowledge.

Hi Midge and welcome to the forum.

Before embarking on the road to imaging, may I suggest that your read Steve Richard's "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). This is a very comprehensive and concise book that details all that you will need know, be it the kit or the technique, in order to produce the type of pictures you're after. I mention his book as you haven't bought any equipment yet and I wouldn't want someone recommending that you buy a dobsonian type of scope for example which is great for observing but no good for imaging.

Hope you don't mind my guidance and clear skies to you both!

James

Archived