Hello

Raz

Hi peeps,

I'm raz from Leicester, total newbie in stargazing, after watching the stargazing gazing programmes on bcc 2, I have found interest in the solar system, went to a stargazing event tonight, looked at Jupiter which was amazing.

Hopefully looking in buying a telescope, so will be needing some advice, but will I will save that for another thread.

Raz

Hi Raz and welcome to SGL :)

We have a local social group based in the Leics/Derby/Notts area called East Mids Stargazers. We meet regularly for dark site observing sessions when the weather's clear. You'd be welcome to join. If you're interested then click the link in my signature for further details :evil6:

(Or choose "Communities" from the center tab at top of any page and pick "Social Groups" from the pull down menu).

Hi Raz, I am a newboe too - its all rather daunting at the moment, but even in the few days I have been here I have learnt that the scope I was considering wasnt for me!! Looking at a few others at the moment - wish I had access to the For Sale forum!

Hi Raz, I am a newboe too - its all rather daunting at the moment, but even in the few days I have been here I have learnt that the scope I was considering wasnt for me!! Looking at a few others at the moment - wish I had access to the For Sale forum!

What scope were u looking at?

Hi Raz and welcome to the forum.

Golden rule number one, and that is don't rush into purchasing gear until you've done some homework first after all, "The stars aren't going anywhere!":D

There is nothing more satisfying than someone who has bought a scope that they know is going to satisfy their expectations. I am glad that you went along to a public observing session to get an idea of what to expect at the eyepiece and of course it also helps to see how large some of this kit is should you need to move it around or transport it to darker skies. Set up times, cooling times, how fast (short) the scope is in relation to its aperture might require better quality eyepieces that might come at a price?

Clear skies and I hope you keep going to more evening sessions to help narrow down your choice.

James

Archived