Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo_uk

what's your dream scope for imaging ?

43 posts in this topic

what would be your dream scope for imaging and why :)

i would probably go for a Tak tsa102 (:eek: one day) because of the build quality and performance.

chris ;).

one that cuts cloud :eek:

what's my dream scope for imaging ?

One not based in the light polluted and cloudy UK.:eek:

1 person likes this

yep i know what you both mean !!!!!.

But as for the cloud i blame santa for bringing people there shiney new astro gear !!!! :eek:.

And we all know what shiney new astro gear means ...........

CLOUDY SKIES !.

chris...

Not the TSA for me. That is primarily a visual scope. Both the Tak FSQs would do nicely for me since I only have one of them!! And then something really fast like a Hyperstar but I would want an engineer astronomer on hand (Hi Greg Parker!!) to make sure it performed to the book.

Ooohhh and then... Deitmar Haager's folded 9 inch TMB refractor. And after that an array of three 12 inch Ritchey Chretiens in parallel on a single mount, since f8 is so slow. Three cameras as well, of course. That would perform like a fast sytem but at long fl..

And why? Well, in imaging I want flat field, high resolution, even illumination and fast fast faster focal ratio!

Not difficult, am I?

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
1 person likes this

Scope I'd like?

One of the old Vixen 102 ED's.

vixen_mini.jpg

Edited by sunoficarus

A big ol Schmidt camera with a large chip sitting at the prime focus, other than that one of those ASA astrographs would be nice ;-)

Edited by Astroscot2

Has to be the AG16 from Orion optics... I wish!

1 person likes this

Probably an ASA astrograph. Or a nice ritchey chretien. With big chip CCD too of course....gotta fill that flat field

Why think in such earth-bound terms. For a dream-scope: try the Hubble:D

[dream on]

*for the asa dreamers*,

consider a real dreamscope?

it would fill this topic nicely :eek:

Corrected Astrograph - Lightweight Telescope - Lightweight Optical Support Structure Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Flat, Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Mirror

you can see some results of the 16'' on karel teuwen his website @ Karel Teuwen

[dream off]

[dream on]

*for the asa dreamers*,

consider a real dreamscope?

it would fill this topic nicely :)

Corrected Astrograph - Lightweight Telescope - Lightweight Optical Support Structure Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Flat, Elliptical Secondary, Elliptical Mirror

you can see some results of the 16'' on karel teuwen his website @ Karel Teuwen

[dream off]

Real winner!:eek:

Intes Micro M103 astrograph :eek:. I've only ever seen pics of one but a 10" f3 scope with a flat field will do me nicely!

Tony..

Edited by Whippy

Karel Teuwen's Dream Telescope is only about 20Km from me in a straight line. I must cadge a guided tour one day!! I have a better dark site, though. Maybe he'd like to install it here, what do you think?

Olly

Karel Teuwen's Dream Telescope is only about 20Km from me in a straight line. I must cadge a guided tour one day!! I have a better dark site, though. Maybe he'd like to install it here, what do you think?

Olly

A man can dream :eek:

I think a better question is WHERE would you like your dream imaging scope.

maybe im a modest person but think my dream scope would be an oo omc-200 carbon with a nice little 80mm wo frac strapped to it

in imaging I want flat field, high resolution, even illumination and fast fast faster focal ratio!

Thats everything I want in a dream scope, couldnt have said it better myself :)

Something like a C14 with faststar would be interesting, but to be realistic I would probably go for the MN190.... flat without the faff.

What are peoples' thoughts on the new Skywatcher 100m F/5 5-element APO (Petzval-like flat field system) that ticks a large number of boxes! Not light at 7 kg.

What are peoples' thoughts on the new Skywatcher 100m F/5 5-element APO (Petzval-like flat field system) that ticks a large number of boxes! Not light at 7 kg.

Wait & see I guess. Not light but it should be pretty short which makes up for it. My only concern would be it's collimation, my understanding of the petzval design is that it can be tricky to manufacture and get it right.

Tony..