Hi

MustangMarkF

Hi all,

Just a quick first post to say Hello.

I've been interested in astronomy for some time, since a amatuer astonomer visited our school but have never been in a position to be able to afford a scope until now.

I really want to be observing both local and deep space objects and hopefully taking some nice pictures with the eventual aim of getting close to some of those you guys have been posting on here.

I live in the suburbs of Coventry so I'm going to be hit by light polution a fair bit. So Im after something that will make a decent effort to cut through that and also something that I can transport on occasion.

After reading these and other boards I'm almost decided upon the Starwatcher Evostar150 and a EQ5Pro GOTO mount. I hope to be making a purchase in April and would be interested on your opinions.

Camera wise I have a Canon 1000D.

Regards

Mark

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mark

Welcome to SGL.

Don't know much about the evostar but with the eq5pro and the canon you're already on the right track and will have lots to image. Keep us all posted as to your progress.

Cheers

Dave...

Hi and Thank you very much for the welcomes.

Dave S - I hope so! Will keep you posted but like I said Im not looking to buy until April

Bizibilder - Is that a Broads boat I see in your avatar? I hired one a couple of years ago with friends had a cracking week zooming around the Broads.

Hi and Thank you very much for the welcomes.

Dave S - I hope so! Will keep you posted but like I said Im not looking to buy until April

Bizibilder - Is that a Broads boat I see in your avatar? I hired one a couple of years ago with friends had a cracking week zooming around the Broads.

Even though you're not buying till april if you've got access to a pair of binoculars download Stellarium, get a good book like turn left at orion and get stuck in. There's lots to whet your appetite with just those basics. You'll wonder why you waited so long.

Have fun. :)

Dave...

Hi mark

A fellow canon user, I use a 550D and adore it and too hope to use it on a scope one day. I like the way I can view its images live via usb so should make for interesting experiments in the future.

Merry Xmas mate.

Archived