todd8137 another newbie

todd8137

Hi to every one just like all of you a look up at night and the mind boggles at what is there and want to no more,well i`ve already made my first mistake ,jumping in feet firtst seems to be my nature a think,just sent ordered a SKYLINER-300P 300mm (12") f/1500 Parabolic Dobsonian,,,AC656 Colli-Mate Deluxe eyepiece for collimating Newtonian and other telescopes,,,,,,8 part Photo-Visual eyepiece and accessory kit by GSO,,,and barlow s,,any way its no big deal if a elses files they will make good dust collectors so all i want to look at is a few plnets ,but my main interest are dso`s have a made the right choice to vie these or i there bit of overkill on my side?,not sure a will link some video host site to my profile so you can see al my goings on at some point once again hi to all and please be patient with the new gu as a may make the mistakes every one as at some point and ask the questions you have all heard of the new guy a million times over have a great Christmas a now mine will be

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Todd and welcome to the forum. Great choice of scope by the way and will keep you going for quite some time. It is better to buy what you want from the start rather than in increments as it will save you money in the longer run.

Clear skies for your observing and lets us know how you get on!

James

Hi todd, a warm welcome to SGL.

Your dob should be good for DSOs - its fast f/5 and has a large aperture (12 inches) - well thats quite large for amateurs!

I hope you are lucky enough to have a dark enough site to take advantage of its full capabilities for DSOs.

John

HI and thanks for the warm welcome this is what a ordered in the end

1 x Sky-Watcher SKYLINER-300P 300mm (12") f/1500 Parabolic Dobsonian

1 x Astro Engineering AC656 Colli-Mate Deluxe eyepiece for collimating Newtonian and other telescopes

1 x GSO 8 part Photo-Visual eyepiece and accessory kit by GSO

1xbarlow

hahahha all the gear no idea springs to mind a old forces quip, but any way hope to get a decent camera in the new year and maybe look into that side of it as well a seen a astro society about 20 miles away from my location a will get down there to the 7th jan stargazers party and see how its done but a think tips answer and help may well come from here thanks all again and please be patient with me cos a bet ya have heard all my gripes moans and groans from a million newbies thanks pat

hi welcome to sgl :) from bedfordshire,wow what a scope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes a read so much in the forums and every one starts of small and gets bigger scopes so a thought may as well go straight for what a want , and then would not be upgrade in latter on looking forward to it coming the only bit that worries me is, fitting the Parabolic Mirror and then try in to collimat it and is in the process of cutting the shed roof of if the snow does not beat me thanks pat

Archived