NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horse head nebula ( Astrotrac)

Coco

That's quite a tight FOV for a small mount to deal with, it's worked fine though the tracking looks great. What length subs could you get?

Amazing that you can get a result like that from something that fits in a backpack

Oh Guy, you have to be kicking yourself for parting with the Astrotrac. The damage that can be done with a camera and lens on these devices has been demonstrated so many times.

Your cracking HH. Neb. and Milky Way images are proof positive.

It's natural that some kit has to go to make way for other desirables, but you must have a tinge of regret :D.

Sorry if I've opened a wound mate. :).

Ron.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic shot, If I get a shot like that within the next 6 months I'll be happier than a pig in .......The astrotrac is light enough but combined with a good tripod, geared head and ballhead the weight soon builds up. I've had to reconsider taking mine to South Africa...... I needed a change of clothes whilst there too lol

Archived