Hello everybody!

morphics

Hello!

Just signed up after coming across this forum during dozens of Google searches researching my first real telescope.

I've been interested in astronomy for many years, but haven't had a telescope since the bright red plastic thing I had as a child (if I remember correctly the lens eventually fell out and it didn't quite work as well after that).

After watching my eyes light up while watching a recent episode of Sky at Night, my girlfriend offered to buy me my Christmas present early (she'd been saving up for a while), so I jumped on the chance!

After doing research for a couple of days, I've just ordered a Skywatcher Explorer 130P (non-motorised; better optics, more effort required!) which I'm really excited about. I ordered from First Light Optics after seeing the reviews here and around the 'net; fingers crossed it'll arrive soon.

So that's me. Hello!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thank you for all of your warm messages of welcome! I can see that I've come to the right place!

@Astro_Baby, are you the same person who reviewed the 130PM? If so then a big thank you! Yours was one of the first useful reviews I found of the 'scope. It's just a shame that the prices have risen so much (I paid £169 + postage for my non-motorised 130P vs £155 for the 130PM). Still, it'll give me plenty of practice tracking the planets!

Still excited. I wonder how long delivery will take... :-)

...take care when you open your package when it arrives, do not under any circumstances let the cloud out, Lol, enjoy your new scope and the forum.

Haha, thanks John, I'll do my best to keep it in. Judging by the sky tonight, a lot of people in the area must have new telescopes...

Archived