Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hope it's clear for you!

daz

Just back from an observing session with the AS, having left the camera pulling down Bubble Ha subs and everything is looking perfect!!

Pier flip executed, re-acquired target and off it goes again! All while I was looking at the moon, Jupiter, M45, M57, Albireo and lots of others!

Just a shame I have to get up for work, otherwise it would be hot choccy and bino's.....

Y'know what, I think I will for an hour.... :)

Lovely viewing here in North Somerset :)

I've been following features on Jupiter as it rotates, with my 4" refractor. Possibly some of the best views I've had this year. Lots of details in the NEB including that pale oval and some pale diagonal streamers or plumes across the belt. I also spotted some dark barges (think that's the right term) in the N and S temperate belts and the GRS is now well on display, with a darker patch of the otherwise very faintly defined SEB, adjacent to the leading edge of the paler surround that the GRS sits in.

Detail and contrast is coming a going but time spent at the eyepiece is being well rewarded tonight :p

So nice to spend some quality time with the Universe after a rather gloomy day. No recession on Jupiter :)

Sorry to hear about the clouds!

Had some good views of Jupiter at the observatory - glad you are being rewarded John.

There are ribbons of thin cloud over my NE horizon with that beautiful morning-pink colour. Forecast for Bedford is sunny spells, and now tonight is showing as having some clear spells as well!

Just taken my flats and will spend a busy day at work processing the results :)

It was clear in Hampshire and i had the scopes out....but i'm ashamed to say i fell asleep watching the TV while waiting to go out. Did make up for it though by getting up early instead. Blimey it was cold, absolutely freezing. Scope was frozen, EQ was frozen. I couldn't be bothered with any of that, so did a meteor watch instead. Some lovely Orionids about this morning.

I was in my obs imaging the Moon & Big Jupe last night.

More processing to do now...

Flipping brass monkey's though.

Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

More nights like that once the Moon goes will be fabulous.

Bring it on.

Archived