Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Dudley in the West

iamzoso60

Hi, I'm a returning viewer having had a telescope when I was 16, but sold it to buy a moped..........I am now 50 and have just took possesion of a Skywatcher Skymax 127 supa track auto. I've only had a few clear nights in the West Midlands, but so far so good.

I have borrowed a Celestron neximage to try my hand at photography and here is an attempt I made last week of the moon.

th_DSCF2942.jpg?t=1285700142

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, that shot was taken using a Fuji Finepix, set to macro and simply held up to the 25mm eyepice supplied with the scope.

I have set up the neximage on my netbook, but haven't had a clear night since!!!!!

I am waiting to take some shots of Jupiter, but looking at the forcast, i may have a long wait.

I've already picked a few tips up from reading posts on the forum, so am hoping to improve my photo's....weather permitting.

Hey Welcome from another Midlander (Bewdley here) :icon_salut: Good result on your picture, ive just started with photography to, you'll love every minute (that you get!) with it.

Good luck and feel free to ask as many questions as you like! :(

All the best

Eddy

I saw the cloud clearing earlier on but ive got the lurgy so i'm sitting this one out.

I hope you manage to get some good views :icon_salut:

There seems to be a disproportionate number of SGL'ers from round here.. must be something in the air.

Archived