HELLO FROM SOUTH WALES, UK

bcfcciderhead

Hi guys new here so bare with me, always had an intrest in the stars, space, planets etc and with the recent spotting of I.S.S and some nice clear skys thought it was time i got myself a telescope, so got one today and looking forward to learn a few, well alot, of things from you guys.

Never had one before so this could take some time, so i will be asking a load of questions which most of you will find are easy and basic, but like i said never done this before.

Well can't wait for it to get dark now and hope this cloud goes a bit more, will have a quick "play" tonight to try and learn the control of the telescope and just hope to see something! lol, will be back very soon with all the questions....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

BCFC doesn't stand for Bristol City Football Club per chance? As I live in Bristol I was was concerned that you might have lost your way and was trying to get back home to the west country!! :blob10::D

Clear skies for your observing.

James

Thanks for the replys guys, looks like i found the right site to join and learn.

JBM1165 yes it does stand for bristol city football club, born in bristol but moved here a few years ago.

Been out tonight but the cloud spoilt it, and did not set up the spotting scope in the day so found that a bit tricky, but think i got it now, just as the cloud got worse.

AGS, i guess its not the best scope but thought i'l start cheap and see how i go, but feel i got a bit of a deal, was told it was £180 new but the company went broke and the guy bought a job lot and i gave £60 for it....if thats true?.

It's a "Telescope Planet 70060" refractor type, a few spec's for you-

focal length 700mm

obj diameter 60mm

view finder 5x24mm

eyepieces- SR4mm, magnification 175x.

H12.5mm, magnification 56x.

H20mm, magnification 35x.

1.5X Erecting eyepiece

3X Barlow lens

Max magnification 525X

also with a 48" tripod.

Seems ok to learn with, a few tips of what all the lens stuff means and when to use what etc would be good start

Hi mate, also a newbie from the valleys, must be the dark skies we have, as I have noticed there are a few of us on SGL. Shame we have the worst weather on the planet.... Otherwise would never get to see day light, really enjoying the sights, all the best.

Archived