Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

jupiter sept 1st sharpest so far

neil phillips

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
something ive been doing lately is running them through k3 first, doing a optimized x2 (200% size) registration process croped and aligned. bad frames killed, then saving as a 200% resize AVI which i then run through reg v5, and do the same thing again optimize align, a few more nasty frames weeded out.only this time stack a process similar to ninnox i guess, but less complicated. then downsize at a point where i consider noise is acceptable, but finer point seperation helps the eye seperate details,bit like extra focal length.

Wow - and I thought Registax on its own was super-complicated. I really have a lot to learn...well folks let's all get practising on Jupiter these next few weeks, ready for ~50 degs next year!

Apreciate all the words of support from everyone guys thank you.

Yes i have some images in AN mag, though the images havent come out too well. and were not really as good as the best night of seeing i had here. But a tenner and a free mag is nice, as is getting published. ( my third or 4th in the mag )

Cheers All

Archived