Norman Lockyer Observatory

Cornish astronomer

Hi,

visited the NLO in Devon for the first time a couple of weeks ago

Great historic Victoran telescopes , planetarium, etc and very enthusiastic members.

well worth a look if you are in Devon.

their web site is

Welcome to the Norman Lockyer Observatory

Public open days normally thursday evenings

Observing for NLO members Fridays, join for £20

and you get to use the 10 and 12 inch historic telescopes etc

Tried to attached a couple of photos of the goodies

, but files are too big.

have a look at the web site for a virtual tour etc

:D

As an NLO member I should mention that Friday evenings are members observing and imaging evenings when members set up their own equipment as well as having the observatory scopes available.

SGL members are more than welcome to come along.

RonJ

Hi Cornish Astronomer and welcome to the forum.

Can confirm that the NLO is definitely worth a look if you're in the area. Went along to their Astro Fair recently and had a very good day out.

Clear skies

James

Hi,

visited the NLO in Devon for the first time a couple of weeks ago

Great historic Victoran telescopes , planetarium, etc and very enthusiastic members.

well worth a look if you are in Devon.

their web site is

Welcome to the Norman Lockyer Observatory

I am a member of the NLO and attend periodically. Haven't been involved as much as I'd like since starting a family but hope to get up there more often this coming season. I visit for the social, if the sky is clear then that is a bonus. They are a great bunch of people and I like the way there is always someone there Friday evenings, regardless of the weather.

Welcome from a fellow new person ;)

I too have visited the NLO a couple of times, the last being the Astronomy fair at the start of August. I'm hoping to go down again soon and look at joining the society along with my wife. It would be nice to get involved and it will tie in nicely with the degree I am studying. Might see you down there in the future!

Archived