Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its Finally Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Quick update

I have had the electrician in over the weekend and he has completed the wiring loom inside the obsy :) You will also see the lovely FLO piers are installed and ready to go, I have to say drilling 22mm holes through hardened concrete with a cordless SDS drill was fun :mad:

Should be all completed by the end of November:) I really cant wait!!!!!!

post-14336-133877498006_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877498012_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877498019_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877498026_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

At current prices £3295, I haven’t added up the cost of the whole build yet, including base, electrics, interior fit out and I don’t think I want to in case the misses finds out how much it all cost :)

Alexanders Observatories - The UKs Leading Supplier Of Quality Roll-Off Observatories

I think she knows mate... Did you see the look that she gave me when I suggested a spare HEQ5 for you to take to starparties :)

It's a very impressive observatory - almost as impressive as the spiders :). You are going to have a great time in there. Everything will be worth it once you walk down there and turn everything on and you're ready to rock and roll in minutes!!!

Ant

I'M SURE mine (from Alexanders) - Previewed for the (shortly) coming weeks, will be a "revelation"! I do think a few "creature comforts" trump many questions re. scope, mount, methodology etc. Now, if I can just count on some decent Welsh weather, for the installation... :)

P.S. What are those metal "loop" things that screw the roof to the walls called?

Might buy a few in advance... :)

couldn't you just buy a metal or wooden shed / summerhouse for like £400-600 and adapt the roof your self on rollers...merlin on here did that - it's awesome....and loads cheaper!

nice observatory though....a tad pricey for me!

couldn't you just buy a metal or wooden shed / summerhouse for like £400-600 and adapt the roof your self on rollers...merlin on here did that - it's awesome....and loads cheaper!

nice observatory though....a tad pricey for me!

I guess Jon's hobby is astroimaging not building observatories. If you've got the dosh spend it.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Thought I would post some images of the inside of the Observatory. Its taken rather longer that I thought and have had a few set backs along the way but we are finally ready for first light when the clouds go away. Both rigs (C11 and C8) sitting on top of the FLO piers are connected to the 2 PC's in the warm room. The C11 has an OAG while the C8 (with hyperstar) will be guided with a WO90. Power sockets are hidden under the raised floor and can be islolated from the warm room.

I still have to finish the floor in the imagining area, tidy up the cables a bit more and add some shelving.

lets just hope for some clear skies!! :eek::icon_salut::)

cheers jon

post-14336-133877514614_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877514622_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877514628_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877514633_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877514639_thumb.jpg

Archived