Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

youtube video on solar observing by Nick Howes

durr

For anyone who is just starting out on solar observing Nick Howe’s has made seven small videos which explain quite a lot about the black art of solar observing. These videos will answer a lot of your questions and steer you in the right direction, with many useful ideas and tips to make observing in the sun a bit more comfortable. I wish I had seen these earlier. Steve

Nick, I think this set of videos should be a sticky. The videos would help newbies out by giving them a glimpse of what to buy and what is possible with the type of solar telescopes available to the amateur. Steve

Just a general question. These kind of "walkthrough" videos, if I and others were to do more, would they be useful. I could expand on the solar imaging one easily, but also maybe do one on EQMOD and other topics...

Anyway...huge thanks for the feedback.. I hope that AN and I will produce some more like this

Pleased to see this feedback on the videos :-D

All shot in just a few hours and hardly any editing required thanks to Nick's fluency!

Definitely hope to do more of this in the not-to-distant future...!

Emily

watched these the other night and was sufficiently inspired to have a go today as no work, i was rubbish (couldn't achieve good focus) but now have the confidence to try again and of course i can refer back as required.

thanks Nick, i would also welcome further walk throughs

Archived