Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Favourite Space Movie or Movies

Greg

You had to mention the slave girl outfit.....you wouldnt let it lie!! :grin:

Just nipping down to the pound shop for some fake chamois leathers, I think I can

rustle up something passable in the wifes size before she gets home from work. :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I'm late to this thread guys, you seem to have most of my top films covered but here's one for you, any one seen a film called "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" ?, wonderful film, think it might be called S/F, but a cracking film anyway.

As for babe's in S/F, my heart belongs to 7 of 9, WOW she can assimilate me anytime she likes :wink:

Alan.

Just thought of another pool of talent - The Dr Who Girls!!!!!!

Alone with Tegan and Perry in the Tardis? I think we know why the good Doctor

kept coming back to Earth - no wonder he needed two hearts. :wink:

As for Leela from Futurama hmmm....

"As we sat talking in the bistro, I became lost in her dark brown eye..."

it doesn't quite scan as well does it?

The Day the Earth Caught Fire? Isn't that the rather bleak global warming thing from the 50's, another from the "we're all doomed and there's no point" stable of films and TV generated by post-war atomic age Britain? Not my up of tea, but the woman in it was quite hot for the time. If it's bleak end-of-the-world stuff then i vote for the much cornier and dramatic "When Worlds Collide" with it's excellent rocket ship on a sled and the evil genius in a wheelchair.

No one has said much about the amazing "Forbidden Planet" with a pre-comedy Leslie Nielsen and the gorgeous Anne Francis. That film still looks great to this day, even if Robbie the Robot looks a little retro. It has genuine horror, humungous concepts and great heart. Still in my top ten all time films anyway.

No one has said much about the amazing "Forbidden Planet" with a pre-comedy Leslie Nielsen and the gorgeous Anne Francis. That film still looks great to this day, even if Robbie the Robot looks a little retro. It has genuine horror, humungous concepts and great heart. Still in my top ten all time films anyway.

You beat me to it!

I remember watching it for the first time; had me hooked from beginning to end!!

Don't you find it amazing that very few have mentioned more modern sci-fi films.

The older movies of the 50's and 60's, I find have a more re-watchable value! Rainy sunday afternoon and one of my all time fav's is..

The Time Machine. The original although the remake a few years ago wasn't bad.

Forbidden Planet scared the bejesus outta me even before I understood it. Great film. The Day The Earth Stood Still is an icon and still holds up. I rented it a couple months ago because my wife hadn't seen it. Seemed fresh as the day it was released.

My kids watched TDTESS with me when they were quite small, and thought it was awesome, even if it was in B&W.

Oddly, I had forgotten about "Forbidden Planet." You're right, too, "Forbidden Planet" does hold up very well today. It's a little odd to see Nielsen doing a straight dramatic role, and fairly well, too.

I had to be told that it was a remake of "The Tempest."

I'll throw in my vote for UFO as best sci-fi TV series as well, it's being repeated right now on ITV4 and it's one of only 3 programs I will actually try to catch on TV. Pretty much all the Gerry Anderson stuff is great fun, and most have the common thread of Derek Meddings doing the design work on all the fabulous vehicles in them. Thunderbirds, UFO, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, etc are all top notch retro fun.

Speaking of which, I believe yesterday was the 7th anniversary of the Moon being blown out of orbit by the explosion of nuclear waste, as predicted in Space 1999. I'll miss it, it was one of my favourite viewing targets.

Rob - very well done for bringing up the Martian Chronicles. I borrowed the complete series from a friend last year and rewatched - fantastic dark stuff. And a fellow fan of Dark Star? Nice.

Steve! Steve! Steve! Thankyou MUCHLY for the pic - now saved in my sci-fi dir. She rocked my world. Must give her another call sometime soon... ahem :wink:

Also...

Space totty... Claudia Black of Farscape and Pitch Black anyone?

SciFi Movie... The Last Man on Earth which was the original movie version of Matheson's 'I am Legend'. Much better and loyal to the book than Heston's 'The Omega Man'. And anyone for Donnie Darko? Great take on the time travel / worm whole idea. Good soundtrack too. 28 Days Later is also awesome. Sort of follows the storyline of Wyndhams 'Day of the Triffids' a little too closely and also '48' and 'The Domain' by James Herbert for anyone out there who may have read them but still a great Last Survivor flick.

Blimey... that right there was FIVE yes FIVE whole lines of text without mentionning girls. Ermmm... Sigourney Weaver climbing into the space suit at the end of the first Alien movie! Phew! Don't know what came over me :wink:

OOO! Claudia Black. Forgot about her. I watched that Muppets in Space thing she was in purely because she was in it. Shame she cant act though, Pitch Black was a visible stretch for her talent.

How about this for a star-babe. Xenia Seeberg, totty from the very bizarre Lexx series. In the show she looked and acted like she was always about to do something unspeakably dirty, but never quite got around to it. I stayed up late a few times just to catch this show.

Xenia.jpg

Lex was weird. Not so much SciFi - more like soft carry on style [removed word] with SF theme and a shed load of 'Oooooo-missus' thrown in. Picked the right lass for the task tho... I titter ye not! :wink: Franky Howard as the robot head and Sid James as the guy in the red jump suit. I'd like to say Kenneth Williams as the dead guy in the Edward Scissorhands outfit but that would just be too much!

Archived