• Created
  • Last Reply

Most that have been mentioned already.

Red Planet

Chronicals of Riddick

Dune

The Right Stuff

Babylon 5 - Thirdspace

Infact the whole of Babylon5 (Fantastic story)

Event Horizon

Dark Star

Just a few

The thread is interesting.

My fav Space Movies are 2001 the best and the first.

Followed by 2010 (no one I think has mentioned that one -for me it explains 2001).

From the Earth to the Moon tv series was great .As I kid I used to love gerry andersons UFO although I only appreciated the purple wig ladies later in life :oops:

Cheers,

Mike

If we can expand the thread a little to include ....

Favourite Sci Fi series....APART FROM STAR TREK....BLAKES 7 ...... HITCHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY and Dr WHO

Yea yea...I can hear you all booing but it's my thread!!

Space 1999

Quatermass....they did a series in the late 70's with Sir John Mills, scared the bejesus out of me.

The Tomorrow People.. Anyone remember that one!

The Time Tunnel

Quatermass....they did a series in the late 70's with Sir John Mills, scared the bejesus out of me.

It was quite prophetic in its predictions on society and television!

The Tomorrow People.. Anyone remember that one!

Really enjoyed that one :oops: :laugh:

The Time Tunnel was one of the best shows produced, imho. One of my favorites!

The Irwin Allen series of the 60/70 were underated as B movie type stuff. Today we look back and it was decades ahead of it's time in special affects and imaginative content...

Several of his series are getting a revival over here at sci fi conventions.......err not that I go or anything...er... it's just what people tell me!!

I see they're remaking the time Time Tunnel

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000740/

I go to imdb at least once a day. Found out all about Charlotte Church there. :love4: I just knew she was a nice girl!

There were some good anc chilling Quatermass films made in the 50s. I saw one of them at least twice on television. There was a movie I saw in the early 60s, too that I think was a Quatermass. It started out with a dig at the Siberian meteor site.

I like digging around the bins in the supermarket for old sci-fi movies. Some of it is really carp, but so bad it's fun to watch, and sometimes you do come up with a good find. Got Night of the Living Dead a few months ago. I'd love to come up with The Monolith Monsters on DVD. Scared the bejesus out of me and my brother. My mother had given us money to go see The Tin Star at the theatre across the street from the one we went to. Should've listened to Mother.

Phattire,

[glow=red,2,300]This Island Earth...[/glow]

Is that the one with the guy floating in a botanical space ship with only two square robots for company???

I've only ever managed to see the last 15/20 mins of this, hence all I can remember above :laugh:

James

Jaffa, the film you mention is called Silent Running, starring Bruce Dern and a couple of robots with amputees inside. Lovely stuff. 'This Island Earth' is a 50's classic B movie where a two-fisted scientist with a square jaw and a chesty scientific love interest are recruited for a science project that turns out to be run by tefal headed aliens. They get dragged to the alien planet and then return to a happy ending after it's blown away.

For my part I'm a lover of 40's and 50's sci-fi and B-movies. Classics space films you should seek out are This Island Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still, It came from Outer-Space and The Thing from Another World. If you can see past the lack of colour you will find very intelligent, interesting films and occasionally genuinely scary. If you want hilarious B-movie tat that is so bad it's good I would suggest Attack of the Robot Monster, Teenagers from Outer Space and the seminal Hercules v's the Moon Men.

Yeah, that's the one Kenny, Silent Running.

As for This Island Earth, I remember it now, they'r in the Saucer coming home with the pincer, big head alien is stow-away onboard & all the 'girl' can do is scream the place down. :laugh:.

I'm a Star Wars fan, so all the films are good.

Think I've seen most of the films mentioned, Alien scared the cr@p out of me.... well I was only just in my teens :wink:

James

Nobody's mentioned Quatermass, have they?

Yea I did ...Honest!

This Island Earth...Now that's a classic..

The square jawed scientist has to make an "Interociter" Out of a box of parts sent from an anonymous scientist using a manual made from thin metalic sheets....Once made the scientist and the love interest are whisked away to (Forgotton the name of the planet!) Save a doomed world....

Don't forget John Wyndham too - Day of the Triffids.

Now that was scary....I can remember the scene with the icecream van.... :shock:

Archived