Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synta ED80

Well thought i'de take a "glamour shot" of my ED80 fully loaded. At the moment it's just sat on my photo tripod which isn't anywhere near upto the job of holding it realisticly but the enamel hasn't hardened off from my re-spray yet and i dont want to risk the tube rings hehe. I'm waiting on Arthur to supply one of his new fangled aztech mounts and thats where this beauty will live for some time to come.

post-12885-133877321588_thumb.jpg

Hey Gordon,

Nice job on my old scope! No more Skywatcher blue :wink: At first glance i thought you had replaced it with a TMB :laugh:

Did you find a dust cap? I'm desperate to replace the one on the ED100.

Yeah, a nice guy from UKAI just sent me one for free. It's not exactly the same as it sits INSIDE the dew shield but it works great. He got them from work and apparently they use them in the building trade to plug holes in walls  :shock:

Nobody seemed to know where i could buy a new one from though. Was the ED100 one that bad? I seem to remember it being ok? The ED80 one had a slight crack which i didn't help being a little rough handed heh

Russ, i'll sell you back your scope for £1500 if you want it :laugh:

http://tinyurl.com/rej8f

Archived