Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peter Shah in the Metro

NickH

Well done on giving astrophotography some proper 'exposure' Peter! :)

(getting my coat :D )

As an afterthought, was it wise for them to let the world know how much your kit's worth? I'd make sure everything's double-locked.

i got to admit i thought the same thing when i was reading the article. first thought was what a load of rubbish the journalist wrote, and like i said, i know from personal experience how they twist things, and then my second thought was, i wouldn't want anyone to know i have such expensive gear in my garden.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Peter, great images. It's amazing the ignorance that shines through from the comments posted on the article, mind you it is true that once in America (can't remember the state) there was a power cut, the emergency services were inundated with phone calls reporting ufo's, strange lights, etc, it turned out in fact that people were just seeing the stars lol. To think some people had lived all their lives in such heavily light polluted skies that they didn't know they could see stars with the naked eye lol....

carl

As an afterthought, was it wise for them to let the world know how much your kit's worth? I'd make sure everything's double-locked.

I'd be especially worried about the Sun's version which says:

"Office worker Peter who lives in a hillside bungalow at Meifod, near Welshpool, Powys, ..."

a few lines below stating how much the equipment is worth. :)

I'd be especially worried about the Sun's version which says:

"Office worker Peter who lives in a hillside bungalow at Meifod, near Welshpool, Powys, ..."

a few lines below stating how much the equipment is worth. :)

so...Shah...in... Meifod...you ex directory Peter?

Muppets...

Seriously Peter, you came across really well - may I ask (apart from the obvious mastery in astro imaging) how you got all over the news? Did somebody dob you in?
Well... i work for a local rag called the Shropshire Star, one of the reporters was short of a local story and said ive just done a self publshed book, not intending to push sales, just to help out a colleague(it was a quiet news day).

A news agency in Wales saw the story and asked if they could run their own story, The reporter really didnt know anything about the subject at all and it seems the nationals have put their own spin on the whole thing..........all that was back in November, i didnt think anyone would really bother with it....then all this silliness

it did make me laugh

Archived