Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 and Running man

Tom OD

Hi All,

Here is M42 and the Running Man taken from Les Granges 10 days ago.

Its 200mins of L taken with an FSQ106N and ATK4000 Mono, and250mins of RGB taken with an FSQ85 and ATK4000 Colour. I also over layed the center of M42 with data I had taken from last year with the FSQ and the ATK314L camera.

This trips data was taken through some high thin cloud or haze, so to wring out the background browns, I really had to push it. Probably too far though.

Thanks Tom.

post-17334-13387741258_thumb.jpg

Great stuff, Tom. Very strong, rich colours and bold processing. I do think there's a slight green gradient top to bottom but that may be because I was working on the same RGB data myself. Anyway the background sky is very varied in this neck of the woods so it mght be that.

Olly.

I just had a look with the colour sampler as I couldn't see anything with the threshold tool. Yo're right. I done a colour select on the backgrounds and some level adjustments. Its better now. Well spotted.

Tom.

Archived