Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its going to rain for 3 months solid...sorry guys!!!

Neil27

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely setup that is Neil, and all in a nice dome too.

As for three months rain, well, we've just about had that amount in Cumbria, all in one week too.:headbang:. We may well get a lot more before the month is out.

Enough of my whinging, I hope you get to use the scopes soon.

They really do look splendid.

Ron.:D

Very nice Neil... so all this bad weather is all your fault huh ? :headbang:

At first glance, I thought you'd painted the turning gear on your dome red, but is that some from of xmas light ribbon ?

Apologies for the weather guys, but if it makes you feel any better, I've had swine flu this week so have been unable to view through any of the scopes.....:D

The lights were purchased from B&Q last year, its a good method of having just enough light without blasting your eyeballs out and at this time of the year it is festive(ish).....bah humbug.........:D

Ah, get lost you big show off ;)!! Seriously, though, fantastic looking setup :headbang:, if the clouds dont clear you can always spend time just looking at those beautiful scopes.:D

Lol.....:D

Not showing off, its taken me about 15 years to get to this stage. I haven't any children, just didn't work out, so the money that would have been lavished on them has gone on my life long passion...astronomy.

I live in the East Midlands, near Mansfield, anyone is welcome to drop by, I'm between the M1 and A1 corridor so drop me an email/pm if you would like to get in touch.

As the saying goes, 'friends welcome anytime, family appointment only'.......:)

Thanks for the kind comments guys, yes I do feel like the cat has got the cream, no denying it.

All the best, Neil.

You have a really great imaging set up there!

I see you have your 'top' Pentax held by guidescope rings to help with the alignment. How do you get the 'middle' Pentax aligned with the 130 or don't you bother?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes you are correct the pentax 75 is held by losmandy guide rings. I've actually not centered it yet but what I will do when time and my illness permits is do a t-point mapping run on the main scope (TOA) and use the pointing ability of that to find centre for the little pentax and adjust the rings accordingly.

This should be accurate enough to centre the FOV for that scope and hopefully allow unguided shots of up to 10 minutes as the mount really is that accurate and the pentax 75 having such a shortish focal length.

Hope this explains it.

Stonkingly sweet set up :headbang:

As for THAT paramount , hate ya (in the nicest way mind you !) ...

This should be accurate enough to centre the FOV for that scope and hopefully allow unguided shots of up to 10 minutes as the mount really is that accurate and the pentax 75 having such a shortish focal length.

ten mins unguided !!!!!! good grief , err you wanna adopt me as a son :D

Superb set up there Neil

I thought you were thinking of a Meade 127 or is that as well as the Tak:D

Phil

Hi Phil.

It is 'instead' of the Meade. I had a look at the finances and SHMBO stated the money was there for the Tak if I wanted it. I didn't need asking twice........:headbang:

Hoping to get some serious imaging done this season. I played at it last year without really giving it a good go to be honest. If I can get the hours right with work then I should be able to focus on it more.

Give me a call and we can arrange something over the next few weeks if you have time. Maybe not this weekend still getting over my flu!

Neil.

Lovely setup Neil :headbang:

It looks like we've been along similar paths....I'm originally from Notts too, but moved south 7 years ago.

I also had an LX200 classic, and loved it, but it had to go to fund the obsy. Moved to a 14" LX200 GPS and this year sold that, bought an AP1200 and TMB152....also never got round to having kids so that's where the moneys come from!!

I'll drop by to have a look next time I'm up your way if that's OK.

Cheers

Rob

Lovely setup Neil :headbang:

It looks like we've been along similar paths....I'm originally from Notts too, but moved south 7 years ago.

I also had an LX200 classic, and loved it, but it had to go to fund the obsy. Moved to a 14" LX200 GPS and this year sold that, bought an AP1200 and TMB152....also never got round to having kids so that's where the moneys come from!!

I'll drop by to have a look next time I'm up your way if that's OK.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob.

Yes I can see the similarities on our quest for astro nirvana! I got rid of the meade as basically the skies around the east midlands aren't brilliant and the times I used it to its full potential were very few.

You have a great website by the way, some wonderful images as well. You are probably a few years in front of me regarding your imaging experience I would say.

You are more than welcome to drop in anytime. Send me a pm/email if you are coming up this way and I'll have the kettle on....:D

All the best , Neil.

Blimey!

Are you going to use them to look at space or launch yourself into it?

I bet you wear a Thunderbirds suit when you use them, don't you?!;):D

They look F A B to me. :)

Thanks Lulu.....:D

More like Star Trek I'm afraid, as a committed 'trekkie'...:headbang:

As the old saying goes 'all the bases covered commander'!

Live long and prosper,

Neil.

Hi Neil, Great looking setup you have there. Will hopefully building my obs starting january. Currently fancy a roll off with warm room:D it's me age ya know!!

You must be pretty close to me, I'm out at carlton on trent 6 miles north of newark, right next to the A1. originally from Sutton in Ashfield near sutton junction but lived in Mansfield near the brewery in the early ninties.

Scott:icon_salut::headbang:

Hi Scott,

Yes we are quite close, I'm at a small town called Kirkby-in-Ashfield, so very close to where you used to live. You are more than welcome to pop by and have a chat or coffee etc anytime you fancy, pm me and we can exchange details if you wish.

Good luck with your observatory, if you would like any advice I don't mind sharing my mishaps and sometimes better ideas I've had now and again....:headbang:

I definately understand the warm room, wish I had the foresight to do something similar, although I'm kind of sad and like to be there even when imaging, makes me feel closer to the heavens somehow, plus the sound of the paramount is very hypnotic....:D

All the best,

Neil.

Archived