SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi all from Sheffield...

johnbaz

Hello noob here

i bought an orion 8" reflector scope last year and WOWSER!!!!, i nearly blinded myself just looking at the moon:o:o, i did wonder what the 'moon filter' was for (much easier on the eye with it fitted!)

i also bought a meade etx70 for it's portability:hello2:

i will be picking everyone's brains in the very near future as what i know about astronomy, i could write on the back of a postage stamp:o:icon_scratch:

(hope that's ok!!)

i live 5 minutes from open countryside so hopefully i will be able to drive away from the 'orible light pollution...

is it permissable to pull off the road in the countryside and set up a scope or would i get my collar felt by the rozzers????

nice to be a part of this community:cool:

regards, john

Hi John, welcome. I started with a small postage stamp and after joining SGL I've got an album. :o

I can't see why the police should have any concerns as long as you are on public land and not causing any damage. You'll be away from main roads so you may not see them but if you do, they are more likely to want a peep than to nick you.

Mike

Hi John,

A warm welcome to SGL, using a lay-by could have the problem of unwanted guests, especially if you are on your own. If you find a nice dark area not far from where you live ask the farmers in the area if you could use a corner of a field etc, or give the NFU a ring, they will know from the farmers on their books who may be able to help you. Whatever you do enjoy the forum.

John.

Archived