NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M57 (Deep)

Tim

Here is one of my ongoing projects. The main detail of the inner nebula was captured via DSLR/C9.25 last year, and recently this week I have added the outer area's of Ha with the Mak-Newt 190 and SXV-H9 camera.

There is a real mix of exposures, and pretty much everything else in this one, but suffice to say that Registar handled them all very nicely.

For the stars which were large and bloated I used a trick I picked up on Ken Crawford's site (thanks Richie), whereby you take the image, save a version as an 8 bit jpg, select each bad star one at a time, and then use the pinch tool on them. Works a treat.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877395553_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coming along nicely Tim. Very detailed and vivid, how much more are you going to give it?

Thanks Mick.

You can just about see on the very outer edges the extent of the shell of M57. My aim is to capture, with some detail, the entire body and outer bubble of M57. There seems to be very few images of this, and mostly taken with 20" RC telescopes or IR filters.

Cheers

Tim

Holy carp! I didn't recognize "The Ring" at all when I first saw this image. My mind short-circuted and I had to look up M57 again in the messier catalog (!)

I've never seen that kind of detail in M57 before. Excellent work and a very hard task!

Archived