album_pic.php?pic_id=3119

-> Telescope: LX200GPS 14" - Hyperstar

-> CCD: ATIK 16HR

-> Guiding Telescope: SkyWatcher 4"

-> Guiding Camera: Meade DSI 2

-> Guiding Software: PHD Guiding

-> Filter: Astronomik Ha, O3, S2

-> Processing: MaximDl / AstroArt / PhotoShop CS3

-> Exposure: S2 - 50m ®, Ha - 164m (G), O3 - 30m (:)

-> Date: 17, 18, 21 June 2009

-> Place: Rafina Attikis - Athens Greece

ONLINE Hellenic Observatory

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done.

Can I ask what the Hubble Palette is - probably really obvious.

The image has been constructed from 3 narrow band images taken throught a Ha, SII and OIII filter. The Ha image is mapped tp Green the SII is mapped to Red and the OIII is mapped to Blue.

Regards

Kevin

Ohhh my God! I can’t believe it. First of all I wanna thank from the bottom of my heart the owner of this wonderful Forum about the title “Picture of the Week”. Second, I am amazed from all of your wonderful words and your incredible unique critics. It is my honor to be a member of this community that has a common passion for the wonderful Night Sky.

The “Eagle Nebula” has always amazed me and all three nights while capturing the photons coming from this object, I felt that in the end of the final processing something very interesting would come out. For me astronomy and astrophotography its not only about capturing photons and showing them around, but it is a way of life, a voyage to the endless Universe and a way to show everybody that we humans are so lucky and humble to see this beauty that we are a part of. And as once Carl Sagan said, “We are the children of the Stars”, so we must have the stars in our heart and share them with everybody. I will continue to share the wonderful Night Sky with all of you!

Antonios Rossolatos

Archived