Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Total kit spend

themos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just done a quick total. £4200 :)

That doesn't include EP's, leads that I've bough, but is the price that I paid not what the items now worth (e.g paid about £600 for the 300D, now it's worth £150 tops).

I really hope Jane doesn't login from home and see this!

Ant

I did that once... After totalling it all up on paper, I nearly fell off my chair, and then destroyed the evidence in case my wife found it...

My wife did find it after rummaging through my stuff when I went to Kielder. She was pretty good about it actually (especially when she noticed I'd stopped spending). I haven't told her that what she found was only about half the total :)

James

I reckon, for my three scopes, two mounts, all my ep's diagonals, fixtures and fittings (the SLR isn't included as it was a birthday pressie) about £1300. Of course, about £1000 of that is this year... Prior to December, I'd been imaging with about £150 worth of kit and the SLR (ok the SLR was more than double that, but again it was a pressie so doesn't count)...

so much i am embarrassed lol

my other half knows the gory details so at least i'm ok on that front, and as i dont drink, smoke or philander she sees it as a good thing that gets me out the house and keeps me happy :):headbang:

How about if we work out expenditure divided by how much time we spend using it. My outlay of around £3000 over ten years works out at a little over a fiver a week - a bargain.

This is not a good exercise fellers. At best, your conscience starts to eat at you, and at worst, SHE finds out and all hell breaks loose.

Ron.:)

You are right Ron.

Anyway I've just re-calculated mine using the spouse-adjustment-discount (SAD) method and the revised total is £47.50 :headbang:

Phew !

John

Total cost Of my imaging setup including obs around £2250, losts of second hand kit and some good blagging has kept the cost down.

250Px and EQ6 £800

mod for goto and guiding £120

80ed (2nd hand) £190

Guide rings £15 ( home made from a scrap flag

pole)

motorised focuser £0 ( home made for bits I had)

dew band for 80 ed £2 (home made from bits)

Hx916 (2nd hand ) £600

filter wheel ( 2nd hand) £45

LRGB filters £120 ( not sure about this but

it was around that price at

the time )

Coma corrector (2nd hand) £60

Dmk21 ( prize) £0

Ha filter £0 ( gift from a bloke from the

USA for the use of my

moon mosaic)

OIII £0 ( gift from Anthony)

shed £0 ( blagged from my brother)

obs build £200

one off made to my desin Pier £0 ( blagged from my other

brother's work )

toucam pro 2 sc1 mod £45

M3 mounting plate (2nd hand) £40

I think that's it.:)

I must have around 85 images so around £26.50 a shot, I can live with that and the cost comes down each time I take a new image.:headbang:

Mike.

Archived