Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hi from kent

Gadget

Hi All :cool:

My name is Kevin and im from Canterbury area of Kent and looking at buying my first decent telescope

Ive already had off the wife "Now what you buying?":argue: as she has seen me trawling through countless telescope sites and forums lol and she knows from experience it can only mean im soon to spend loads of money cos when it comes to gadgets me and money are easily parted, fortunately my main hobby is metal detecting and have had loads of nice finds over the years so am selling some of my bits to fund my new telescope so its just one hobby funding another really

The telescope that has taken my interest is the celestron 8SE as it sounds small enough to move around and big enough to stop me wanting more (for a while anyway lol) and nice and easy to set up and get going

Its been great going through your forums and I have got countless tips and great advice and what with there being so many places to buy online the places I should avoid which I am glad I read

Sorry for the long introduction but hey you only do it once

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Kevin,

I'll second having a word with Steve at FLO, but you'll need to leave it a week as he's moving house and FLO is shut for a week...

Can you please buy your scope in the next two / three weeks - I'd like to get the cloud out of the way before the evening start drawing in again :cool:

Cheers

Ant

A warm welcome to SGL, Gadget

The 8SE is agood scope to be starting with. Ask around here and you may find some alternatives suggested

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes not 100% on the 8SE yet and would like to hear some good alternatives

Kev

Hi Kevin and welcome from another Kent member! I'm also looking to buy my first proper scope some time soon. :cool:

Hi Ben

Just out of intrest what scope are you looking at for first proper purchase?

Kev

Hi Kev.....If your into your gadgets, I bet you'v got a minelab md.:)

Mick.G.

Lol Mick your a mind reader yes i do have a minelab bet you cant guess my second machine :cool:

Kev

Archived