Vintage or classic scopes

I'm needing some help and advice on a telescope I have. I can't find a brand name on it or a serial number, when I search the picture it brings up all kinds of vintage telescopes. I know the one I have needs restored, I just don't know how to or where to even start. Any tips on figuring out what brand it is or what parts I can purchase to restore or? 

1728626079497263658670469514132.jpg

17286261103075879330209014280640.jpg

• Like 5

Have you tried using it, you may find it works as it should?   You mention it needs restoration but what do you think is wrong?   Your telescope looks complete and ready to use.

Does it come with more than one eyepiece?   The eyepiece is the part you look into and is usually detachable.

Let us know these things and folks on here will try to help.

• Like 1

It looks like an old Kenko, probably around 50 years old ?

The eyepiece fitting may be 0.96” rather than the 1.25” you buy today, but you can get an adapter to use your scope with modern eyepieces.

It appears that the slo-motion cables are missing, these allow you to manually track objects.

The tripod spreader tray is also missing.

I think it is maybe a 50mm or 60mm objective ?

The first thing to do is try it out as is, they can be quite good.

It’s not a valuable telescope so not worth investing too much time or money.

Here is my Kenko 76mm for comparison.

IMG_2208.webp.db36d906cce6a8cfe89328cc927c6489.webp

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 3