Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEAIC & NEAF USA 2024 Pix

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

need to upgrade all three things if at any point you just need to change one of them.

Looks like it. 

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

you will be forced to use the ASI air with this camera. 

Nope, ASCOM / ALPACA connection via WiFi is available.

See video with Nico Carver and Ben in Edit 4 below:

I was rather impressed with the matching shoes and laces in one of the Skywatcher images, 
Really hope this was one of the team being fully on brand!

Oh and good to SW in on the action on these drives, volume and prices shift down

image.jpeg

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, tomato said:

Any sign of the Skywatcher HAC125 at the show?

It wasn’t there. I asked, they said it is still in the design and development stage so not ready for reveal. 

HTH

• Thanks 2

On 22/04/2024 at 19:55, tomato said:

Any sign of the Skywatcher HAC125 at the show?

Looks like an interesting scope for Astrophotography, optics designed by Lichtenknecker Optics, same company which designed the optics of the Esprit's and Evolux 62ED.

post-443779-0-92182600-1713585561.jpg

GG5gkPMa8AAeo9t.jpeg

GG5gkOTbgAAONrc.jpeg

GG5gkMqaQAA9RaV.jpeg

Edited by Backyardscope
spelling
  • Like 5

Thanks for posting these pics Steve, always great to see new products!

Was there any product presentation on the Pegasus SmartEye at all? Like how it would compliment an observing setup (would it need a standalone PC or just run via smartphone), estimated release date etc.

Was there a demo of some kind (albeit during daytime indoors haha) showing how it works?

How do visual only astronomers feel about the Pegasus product? Would you embrace it or do you feel that it introduces a disconnect between you, the optics and the heavens?

3 minutes ago, tomato said:

How do visual only astronomers feel about the Pegasus product? Would you embrace it or do you feel that it introduces a disconnect between you, the optics and the heavens?

For me it's down to the details of how exactly it operates. Impossible to tell at this stage. Definitely watching it!

• Like 1

That small SW HD mount can slew fast enough to satellite track so will definitely be interesting. Being able to use it in EQ or a dual mount alt az mode will definitely be of use.

Wave 100i $1700 USD

Wave 150i $2200 USD

Source CN.

Edited by Elp

The SX combined Autofocuser and Active Optics does look very interesting but probably very expensive. it would be interesting to know the bore.

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

The SX combined Autofocuser and Active Optics does look very interesting but probably very expensive. it would be interesting to know the bore.

I agree, SX kit is superb, but always on the very expensive side, I have been waiting for them to bring out an IMX571 based camera, but now they are, I dare not ask the price…😮😮

On 20/04/2024 at 23:00, FLO said:

The large telescope is a Sightron 75mm f/5 6 element / 6 group astrograph. 

The smaller telescope is a Sightrom 50mm f/10.9 doublet achromat. 

Its interesting that none of these products are mentioned on their website, so absolute cutting edge 🙂 

Edited by AstroMuni

Many people are asking why I didn't post photos of iOptron mounts. 

I intended to, but iOptron didn't have a stall at NEAIC, and the two times I visited their stall at NEAF, they were busy. 

Next year, I'll contact them beforehand to arrange a time. 

Sorry ☺️