Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi paint

Hi

I just had my U.S order for the Takahasi green and white paint bottles cancelled and refunded.

Apparently, the retailer is not authorized to send Takahashi items to the UK, as there are Takahashi retailers here.

Last time I checked, these paints where unavailable in the UK or Europe.

Does anyone know of the white and green paint colour codes, that Takahashi use on their scopes?

Thanks

Edited by Coolhand1988
Title spelling

Hi

Yes, that's exactly why I ordered them from the states.

Green paint TA-TTP0002

White paint TA-TTP0003

Not sure if FLO or any other UK takahashi retailers can order the paint from the same retailer in the U.S?

Is this a Brexit or Takahashi agreement? I mean it's only paint!

Thanks

Hi 

Oops, I already contacted FLO about these paints and on another rare item for my scope.

Ian replied that these paints are manufactured by Takahashi North America and he cannot source their products. He is waiting for a response from Takahashi Europe on this matter. It's been a week, so I will ask for an update.

There is a Takahashi 8x50 finder that I am currently eyeing up.  That paint would of come in handle for that.

Just wanted to get my scope looking like new.

Frustrating to say the least🙁

Thanks

Ian from FLO already replied to my query( should really re-check my emails ). 

The paints are only available in the US from Takahashi North America and no dealer outside the US can source them. ( that's the reason I ordered directly from the US retailer).

If that's the case, why did the US retailer cancelled my order? They ship other items abroad. 

Still confused by all this. However, that Japanese dealer could be my last hope.......for paint?  ridiculous!

Thanks

Edit

Just incase.  Does any member here know the exact colours that Takahashi use on their scopes. Dulux do a colour chart for reference.

Edited by Coolhand1988
Additional

If you get chance to go into a model shop, you should check out the small modelling paint tins. They do enamel and mat versions, and there are Tak green and blue, but they aren't called that of course. They are cheap too! You may need to take a clamp so you can match the colour exactly.

• Like 3

On 07/11/2023 at 21:24, Coolhand1988 said:

Hi

Yes, that's exactly why I ordered them from the states.

Green paint TA-TTP0002

White paint TA-TTP0003

Not sure if FLO or any other UK takahashi retailers can order the paint from the same retailer in the U.S?

Is this a Brexit or Takahashi agreement? I mean it's only paint!

Thanks

You will probably find that it is a Takahashi thing protecting their in country dealer network. 

Jim 

• Like 1

Take the scope down to a car body paint shop and they will scan it and provide the paint spec for you. The may even mix it up. 

Most of the big DIY stores (B&Q, Homebase) can do similar  - spec teh paint code.  

Jim 

I am not the oldest member on this site by a long long shot but I clearly remember this question coming up in 2019 maybe.

I distinctly remember the thread being shut down as some members “got hand bags at dawn” about owning a Tak and then getting cheap on paint.

I don’t care one way or the other but it does make me giggle. What should be be taken more seriously is the term “handbags at dawn” which I suspect many people across the pond and farther afield may find confusing.

It basically describes a fight outside a pub (bar) or disco tech (nightclub) between drunken ladies hitting each other with handbags.

The truth which I have witnessed in Skegness (don’t ask) is actually far more violent and traumatic.

M.   I just use the single letter in moments of stress.

• Haha 4

Tak green is a bit NTSC, some owners might not agree... the paint pictured worked ok, sometimes needed a tad of black added depending on what Tak green you have?

Btw this pot of matt actually dries with a sheen almost gloss...

Peter

IMG_20231110_185038.thumb.jpg.94afb5e8480f10086a0f864dfa957dc8.jpgIMG_20231110_185056.thumb.jpg.8f140221c9b8483eef4eca1bb1ff8acc.jpgIMG_20231110_185804.thumb.jpg.3c5db691ae7da5bc2a62497a62a9f3fe.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks all for the alternative ways of getting the paint colours. As a last resort, this could be the only way of getting 'cheap' paint for a Takahashi scope.

I have emailed another US dealer and explained that these paints are completely unavailable in the UK and Takahashi Europe. 

Hopefully, I may get a positive outcome this time.

Thanks

15 hours ago, whipdry said:

Tak green is a bit NTSC, some owners might not agree... the paint pictured worked ok, sometimes needed a tad of black added depending on what Tak green you have?

Btw this pot of matt actually dries with a sheen almost gloss...

Peter

IMG_20231110_185038.thumb.jpg.94afb5e8480f10086a0f864dfa957dc8.jpgIMG_20231110_185056.thumb.jpg.8f140221c9b8483eef4eca1bb1ff8acc.jpgIMG_20231110_185804.thumb.jpg.3c5db691ae7da5bc2a62497a62a9f3fe.jpg

I doubt you'll beat that.

Mods, might this get a sticky since it would be so helpful to Tak owners?

Olly

51 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Mods, might this get a sticky since it would be so helpful to Tak owners?

Or better yet, @FLO could stock it.

(The close match model paint I mean - I understand the difficulties of stocking the official tak stuff)

Edited by globular
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Richard N said:

So the value is not related to the optics. Interesting. 

I guess a casual observer would buy one just to look at, whereas a serious observer or an imager would buy one to use... for the optics!

Peter

• Like 3