Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cepheus from the Rotting Fish via the Dark Shark, Wolf's Cave and the Ghost to the Iris

Laurin Dave

Dusty Cepheus from the Rotting Fish via the Dark Shark, Wolf's Cave and Ghost to the Iris.  Wide field image based around 3 panels captured through a Samyang135ASI2600mc and enhanced with Ha data from Askar200QHY600 Ha, GT71ASI1600 Luminance over the Dark Shark and Wolf's Cave and GT71QHY600 Luminance and Askar200ASI1600RGB over the Iris Ghost region.   Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop using the Croman tools. 38hours total integration time.  Annotated version below and link to Astrobin 

Thanks for looking

Dave

Cepheus_Iris_Ghost_Dark_Shark_WolfsCave_RottingFish_Samyang_etc_Final_25Aug23_50pc.thumb.jpg.7711a891a64f82a1d056dfbf98b2ff00.jpg

Cepheus_Iris_Ghost_Dark_Shark_WolfsCave_RottingFish_Samyang_etc_Final_25Aug23_25pc_Annotated.thumb.jpg.98a66fea45d3856312d1b0b75258489d.jpg

Cepheus from the Rotting Fish via the Dark Shark, Wolf's Cave and the Ghost to the Iris ( Dave Boddington ) - AstroBin

• Like 36

Very nice overview of this region! Love it. If I may give a (very small) criticism. The h alpha looks a bit artificial somehow for me, but that's very personal. But overall a superb image!!!!! 

Edit: in full size it looks much better :) probably the compression played it's part on my screen. 

Edited by Avdhoeven
  • Thanks 1

On 25/08/2023 at 14:59, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Stunning mosaic!

Thank you Michael

On 25/08/2023 at 16:07, clarkpm4242 said:

That is fantastic.  Well worth a detailed look!!

Thank you.

Paul

Thank you [paul

On 25/08/2023 at 21:37, simmo39 said:

V nice!

Thanks Simmo

On 25/08/2023 at 22:54, WolfieGlos said:

Wow, superb image! 

Thanks Chris

23 hours ago, Avdhoeven said:

Very nice overview of this region! Love it. If I may give a (very small) criticism. The h alpha looks a bit artificial somehow for me, but that's very personal. But overall a superb image!!!!! 

Edit: in full size it looks much better :) probably the compression played it's part on my screen. 

Thank you..  I agree  Ha was the most difficult part to bring out..  its so so faint so lots of NXT masks and brutal stretching required

21 hours ago, carastro said:

Stunning image.  Looking firward to seeing it on a big screen and not just my phone.  

Carole

Thank you Carole..  I hope you enjoyed it !

18 hours ago, Xsubmariner said:

Just amazing image with so much detail. A cracker.

Thank you

18 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

What an image! So much to look at everywhere in the image.

Thank you

14 hours ago, tomato said:

Wonderful Panavision image.👍I have never heard of the Rotting Fish before, it's aptly named.

Thanks Steve...   

A great overview of this fabulous region Dave! I thought the Rotting Fish was called the Guppy Nebula but now I am not sure, could be a name I made up myself when I imaged it.

CS, Göran

2 hours ago, gorann said:

A great overview of this fabulous region Dave! I thought the Rotting Fish was called the Guppy Nebula but now I am not sure, could be a name I made up myself when I imaged it.

CS, Göran

Thanks Goran...   whichever one  its called the name is somewhat more descriptive than LDN1251!

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old_eyes said:

Beautiful image Dave! Love the way you have achieved such a large panorama, whilst dropping in data from more detailed imaging. Something I have read about, but never attempted. Thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks OldEyes 

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

Nicely done

Thanks Peter

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

This is great. The region cries out for a piece of work like this and you've done it proud.

Olly

Thank you Olly.