Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus from March to June 2023

Kon

I made a composite image of my Venus cloud captures from March to June. The increase in its apparent size is showing really nicely. I am very happy with this. It also shows that we have been quite lucky with the weather to have several captures.

image.png.3330cc0aebc5282bb5b7e7c767e69b35.png

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Nik271 said:

Lovely! There are still some clear days in the forecast to add more images to it 🤞

I tried last night (top one) but the heat seems to be affecting focus quite a bit. Neil is having issues with his Saturn in the mornings. As in previous post, I am stopping for now.

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Lovely work Love it. Great images nicely presented. Quality

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Fantastic collection Kostas! Love the presentation! Beautifully processed and skillfully captured.

Thank you both. You have been inspirational for my processing as you always have a nice natural appearance to your images. It shows that weather has not been a complete disaster either.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NenoVento said:

This is an APOD worthy image @Kon, do consider send It for its publication (maybe adding the data of each capture).

NV

Thanks. You are very kind.

51 minutes ago, GordonD said:

A wonderful image group. That is just excellent - well done!

Thanks. We were lucky with the weather which helped for some consistency.

Absolutely brilliant. I've really enjoyed Venus this spring so i've taken the liberty to nick your composite for my desktop background for a bit. i hope you don't mind 👍. I haven't observed every phase you have captured (especially the last couple/couple of weeks) but this is a lovely record of the season till now. Thanks for posting.

IMG_3970.jpeg.39e16a706fec8ad39e6b810cdee8a759.jpeg

Edited by josefk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, josefk said:

Absolutely brilliant. I've really enjoyed Venus this spring so i've taken the liberty to nick your composite for my desktop background for a bit. i hope you don't mind 👍. I haven't observed every phase you have captured (especially the last couple/couple of weeks) but this is a lovely record of the season till now. Thanks for posting.

IMG_3970.jpeg.39e16a706fec8ad39e6b810cdee8a759.jpeg

😲 I feel very honoured that you think my image was worth it of your desktop background. Yes feel free to use it. I quite like the rotated version too.

• Thanks 1