Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Image Smoothing

Hello,

I recently bought a Quark and I've put my first solar mosaic together partly with Photoshop's help and partly manually because the camera I use (an ASI174MM) seems to have changed the contrast as I have moved around the disk. As you can see, I have ended up with sharp lines and varying contrast across the disk. Does anyone have any advice on how I could get rid of the lines? I've probably found a way to solve or at least marginalise the contrast issue without destroying the underlying data but any help in that area would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

Full Disk.jpg

Edited by Marke998
Change image from tif to jpg

1 hour ago, Steve Ward said:

Could you save your image as a .png or .jpeg so that it's automatically shown on the post rather than having folk have to download it just to view it , thank you ... 😏

Will do!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Murphy said:

If you have Pixinsight you can run a linear fit on each of the frames to balance them. Perhaps Photoshop has a similar function?

Great image. I'm still trying to get the hang of my Quark.

Michael.

Thanks Michael, a friend of mine uses PI and has kindly offered to give your suggestion a go.

On 06/06/2023 at 11:06, Michael Murphy said:

If you have Pixinsight you can run a linear fit on each of the frames to balance them. Perhaps Photoshop has a similar function?

Great image. I'm still trying to get the hang of my Quark.

Michael.

Hi Michael, PI couldn't crack it. I'm sure it's just part of the learning curve. I'm really enjoying the Quark. It's definitely a step up from my PST. I'm waiting for th opportunity to run through all the tuning settings to see which one is best. Apparently it differs from one Quark to the next.

• Like 1