Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Practical Astronomy Show, Stoneleigh 2024, March 23rd

Also the show was great if you wanted to save £50 on the Seestar S50 - they were flying out the door.  Zoom in on the notice slung uderneath the Askar 185! 

20240325_101255.thumb.jpg.aa94373a6bda43b7d9d00af88f244995.jpg

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 3

Just to follow up on my fairly negative comments earlier, I do hope the show was a success for the organisers and the vendors. It’s only by having shows like this can we see kit in person and discuss them with sellers, and maybe meet familiar faces too. Basically I’m saying thanks to those who organise the shows and long may they continue doing so. 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 23/03/2024 at 18:17, Saganite said:

Thanks Mike.

My concerns about it not being stark white but creamy , something I have not seen before on a Vixen, do not matter because there will be none of the original accessories on it.

Steve,

I think of it less as "creamy"...

...more as "creme de la creme" 🙄🤭☺️

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 2

I had other things conspire against me this year, so missed the show.
Fingers crossed for next time.
Thank to all who have made the show possible, and those who have posted reports to let me know what I missed.

In partcicular I note the photo by @Gfamily showing the sensibly located Pulsar dome.
I recall it being almost an obstacle near the entrance at one of the Kettering shows🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Certain telescope brands just love their red anodising, but as far as I am aware it doesn't improve optical performance one iota.

Agreed..I confess I'm not a fan of gaudy colours and "bling"...but each to their own, of course. I'll stick to white or white and black scopes, thanks.😇😄

P.S. I did make an "Honourable Exception" when I owned a Tak FS128...😂

Dave

3 hours ago, tomato said:

Certain telescope brands just love their red anodising, but as far as I am aware it doesn't improve optical performance one iota.

Perfectly correct ,but...

Ferrari red Ferraris don't go any faster than other colours either but if I could  afford one that's the colour for me....:smiley:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Not this year Jeremy. Not all were there, and those that were were not all there, if you know what I mean.😉 

Never a truer word spoken.....
this clearly applies to myself as well as other 😉

• Haha 2