Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crater Aristoteles - 6500mm fl in SPX350.

johnh

SPX350, F4.53 working at F18.6/6500mm fl with TVx3, EQ6, DMK21AF.

This is the best image taken so far in 5 months of DMK imaging with only above avg seeing through Astronomik red filter, 805/4000 frames stacked with AviStack sharpened with Reg5/imageAnalyser and resized to 800x600 pixels.

Crater Aristoteles is just West of Vallis Alpes.

Thanks JohnH.

Please excuse my curiosity and ignorance, but my arithmatic tells me 350mm aperture and f-ratio of 4.53 with a 3x barlow = 4756-ish ;) ..but I've gathered by osmosis rather than from any explicit statement that these TV's are not ordinary 'Barlows' but 'tele-extenders' or some such, and actually increase focal length by a figure larger than their nominal designation would describe. Is this so?

Very nice shot, by the way!

Thanks guys for looking, and regarding Barlows they have diverging light rays producing a cone like eyepiece projection, the further away you are from the eyepiece position at the top of the Barlow the more fl extension you get my TVx3 was working at 4.1x. There is a Televue power increase graph for their Barlows/Powermates to give the correct increase. JohnH.

• 6 years later...

Yes Pete major changes in planetary CCD sensitivity and Winjupos means there is no limit to frame coilection as you can derotate.  Registax wavelets is still the best,  I use Avistack for lunar as it uses hundred of align points.

Also my own processing skills have improved, I would say this image is a little over sharpened but detailed with good seeing.  Pity the seeing does not improve with the technology.

Regards, John.

Archived